This topic has been mentioned but worth diving into again with more specificity.

I've been pouring over reviews from every forum and youtube vid I can find. Trying to pick the "best" (warmest, lightest) outer-layer for dry conditions there is. I want it for glassing and mountain hunting in late season Canada, so sub-zero Celsius.

I think a reasonable list is:

Impressive, they're all priced within 30$ of each other.

I own the Brooks Range Jacket. It's the least well known but likely the oldest, and harshly tested. Designed and sold in Alaska and hunted in the coldest environments included Asian sheep hunts. It's very warm, very compressible and light, and surprisingly very durable for the outer material being so thin. They clearly put a lot of thought and it shows with fleece lined pockets and collar, velcro cuffs, and a detachable hood. I bought mine too large (a large) and the only reason I'm thinking of selling is for a medium. But I am curious how the others compare. The nice thing is that these products are worth the money given the warranty they all have--should get a decade of hard use out of it.

They all have water repellent treatment. Some are quieter than others. My general gleaning of the reviews out there is that the Chamberlin may have a small edge.

Please only opinions if you have actually tested one of these jackets or another you think worth mentioning.

Thanks,
Tom