Thread: Fanny Packs

Fanny Packs

Anyone have experience with one of these?

https://www.amazon.com/ALPS-OutdoorZ...s%2C217&sr=8-9

I need a day pack and like fanny packs. They seem to be less restrictive and get in the way a bunch less - for me anyway.

This one is looking pretty attractive right now... thinking about pulling the trigger.

I haven't really found anything other than ALPZ. I'm open to suggestions.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fanny Packs

The Cabelas' offering at a slightly higher cost and 400 in³ more might be a better item (1200 in³ opposed to 800 in³). It has a choice of camo patterns as well.
    http://www.cabelas.ca/product/110081...ter-fanny-pack
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    The Cabelas' offering at a slightly higher cost and 400 in³ more might be a better item (1200 in³ opposed to 800 in³). It has a choice of camo patterns as well.
    www.cabelas.ca/product/110081/cabelas-transporter-fanny-pack
    Good call. I need to drive to Seattle next week anyway so I'll stop at Cabela's and try one on. I rarely think of Cabela's unless I'm driving by. Thanks.

I have the Nimrod Pinnacle day pack. Has worked well for me for a lot of years.

Fanny packs are ok if you"re not hunting far from a road or truck. I don't like hiking out empty to get a pack if I get something some distance from a road. Years ago I got an eberlestock X2 day pack and that little pack has been bomb proof, can get a moose quarter on it if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    www.cabelas.ca/product/110081/cabelas-transporter-fanny-pack
    The ALPs one includes the rollout daypack for a total of 2700 ci

I've got a Badlands Monster day pack, and if you don't need or want a full size pack, I definitely recommend it.

That eberlestock looks pretty sweet.

I do have an older model of the Little Brother pack. Somewhat more money but worthy.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"