Thread: Pet Insurance - Costco

Pet Insurance - Costco

I just found out that Costco offers pet insurance. (on Costco.ca search 'my pet'). 4 year old GWP, 80% coverage, 300 deductible, 15K/year max = 65 bucks a month.

That's 20 bucks a month cheaper than other quotes I got.

I am an executive Costco member so that does give a better discount.

Just thought someone might want to know. For me 65 bucks a month is a no brainer. YMMV.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pet Insurance - Costco

Trupanion on our 2 year old: 90% , no annual limits, $700 deductible, $65.15 / month.
    All depends on what is / isn't covered.
    I took a higher deductible on her to save a few $$ on the premise that a younger dog generally doesn't have any real problems.
    We've had her @ 5 months and oops, had a really bad case of Giardia, ran up a total of @ $1,500.
    Oh well.

I could not justify pet insurance in the past, for the price I felt was better off saving the premiums and paying out of pocket for unexpected medical bills.....outside of vaccines and annual checkups, I've incurred life to date costs just under 1k combined for both dogs

recently got a trupanion quote

male, retriever, intact, 7 years old, no annual limit, 90% coverage, $700 deductible = 119.89/month
    female, retriever, spayed, 7 years old, no annual limit,90% coverage, $700 deductible = 122.18/month

Costco quote - gold member 10% discount

male with same info - 15k/year limit, 90% coverage, $500 deductible = 75.15
    female with same info - 15k/year limit, 90% coverage, $500 deductible = 75.15

of course the devil is in the details with coverage, and still need to review the costco coverage, but it does seem competitive on first review
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Trupanion all the way, we have spent over $20,000 on our baby, never had one problem on coverage, great service
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    of course the devil is in the details with coverage, and still need to review the costco coverage, but it does seem competitive on first review
    And that statement applies to all forms of Insurance.
    It's not the premium that matters, it's the coverage.
    Spent 50 years or so in the Insurance Industry and have always bought based on coverage, not premium.
    As per Piperdown, we went through a lengthy experience ( cancer ) with one of our dogs with bills of @ $25,000.
    Trupanion was great all the way.

it's good to hear members sharing their positive experiences with Trupanion.....there seems to be many more negative reports than positive reports online, regardless of what insurance provider you research
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster