Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new regulation...

new regulation...

Just picked up a copy of the new fishing regulations (2019-2021). Note the new license regulation - must produce a photo ID when your fishing license is checked by a CO.
    Just a heads up - I almost missed it!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: new regulation...

are there really that many people cheating the system to require this law?! you know how many "innocent" victims this law is going to create?! stupid beurocracy...

I guess there has been too many people borrowing licences. Doesn't seem a stretch to expect people to carry i.d. in their wallets with their licences, like they have to while hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    I guess there has been too many people borrowing licences. Doesn't seem a stretch to expect people to carry i.d. in their wallets with their licences, like they have to while hunting.
    I understand that over the past few years there have been a number of tickets/fines issued by CO's on the Vedder River during salmon season for individuals failing to produce photo ID when requested by the CO.

Personally, I think it is appropriate to have photo ID with you when fishing or hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post

Borrowing?? You just print another copy and anyone can sign it in their own hand writing. I can see why they brought it in.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Personally, I think it is appropriate to have photo ID with you wherever you are and whatever your doing.

A sad society when you have to carry your ID at all times!

They all look the same anyways!

Who doesn't carry their driving licence with them anyway. I nearly always have to drive close to the fishing spot and then walk or if I am on the boat it is easy to show boaters card & driving licence or PAL, can save a lot of time explaining

Quote Originally Posted by BriarPatch View Post
    Who doesn't carry their driving licence with them anyway. I nearly always have to drive close to the fishing spot and then walk or if I am on the boat it is easy to show boaters card & driving licence or PAL, can save a lot of time explaining
    TBH I don’t. If I’m fishing off of land like at the vedder I’m most likely going in or getting wet,I don’t want my wallet or ID getting messed up and have to go through hassle of replacing it,and obviously not locking it in the truck. Iusually don’t get pulled over so I don’t worry about driving with it. I was stopped at Fort Langley boat launch by the CO’s when launching my boat,they wanted to see insurance for boat,boaters license,check for fishing gear(I was just out to burn old gas)didn’t have my wallet,they didn’t ask for my I’d or DL bc everything else was in line