Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new regulation...

Re: new regulation...

I take my wallet when drive to the boat but my wife does not pack her purse and does not want it on the boat.
    just another reg not thought out. We already have way to many regs!

i am going to patten the outdoorsmans briefcase for all the documents you need.

Not going to be a problem for me...my guide sold his boat and moved away and for the first time in 20 years I’m not even going to bother going out....too many restrictions,not enough fish ,it’s just not worth it.The once predictable winter spring(feeders) fishery has collapsed .This is the bellwether for the summer runs .When high liners are coming in empty handed time after time something is drastically wrong..Everybody knew this was happening and nobody in the government was listening.All they did was ‘study’ it and slapped on more restrictions and closures.The guys I really feel sorry for are the guides who have invested $100,000 or more in a boat,insurance, upkeep ,bait, tackle and moorage. People don’t spend $300 on a 4 hour charter to just go watch seals and seagulls..fish farms supply the commercial market so who cares about a ‘few’ recreational guys who just like to get out and get a nice fish or two? We’re irrelevent,other than to take our tidal fishing licence money
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 04-12-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Yea I'm on board here, I won't be renewing my fishing license for BC again at this point, I'll save my fishing for my annual trip to Manitoba/ Ontario.

IME BC is the worst manages province ten fold on all accounts.
    Just a beaurocratic circle jerk here with a few free pearl neclaces for the FNs to wear proudly.

Frankly, I don’t think anyone in ottawa even cares whether west coast recreational fishing survives or not..

I'm sure the Prairie provinces would welcome the revenue generated by fisher-people heading over to take advantage of the exellent fishing to be had there. Probably closer and cheaper for many who live in the interior anyways.

I live on the Island, trout fishing isn’t bad, but nothing compared to a 20 lb( the ‘new’ 30 lb ) spring ripping out 100 yds of line on a single action reel-pure joy.Looks like all we will have now is pinks,which aren’t bad but not what people pay $300 to charter for.For 20 years I was out an average of twice a month ,and happy to do it
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 04-13-2019 at 03:54 PM.