Thread: Anyone signed up for the Mtntough fitness program?

Anyone signed up for the Mtntough fitness program?

Hi any one out there signed up and done the Mountain Tough fitness program. I am particularly interested in the post-work or near post-work crowd. Most folks in the videos look to have the advantage of youth and build to start with; me, not so much on either account. I'd be interested in how well the program works and how tough the program is on the body. Post or PM me.

Jim in the Kootenays

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone signed up for the Mtntough fitness program?

Hey Jim, I’ve signed up for the mtntough program. It’s a game changer. If your willing to put in the work, the outcome is incredible. There is beginner, intermediate and elite levels for each workout. When I started I was completely out of shape, the first few weeks of the preseason program were hell! But just keep pushing thru, and the results are unreal. Not only my fitness level, but the mental toughness as well. I can’t say enough good things about the program. If you got any questions or anything let me know.

We have been doing the workouts for the last 2 months. They are good but you can make your own and or use youtube. For us the best thing is to have a hunting partner with the same drive and together push each other to be better. For the most part we use treadmills, a few dumbbell and a heavy backpack nothing fancy just hard work!! The 22’s are not fun haha

The 22’s if definitely a doozie. I personally don’t have anybody to train with and push me, I do all my training solo. That’s the awesome thing about Mtntough is that it is built specifically for backcountry hunters, so you are essentially training with a group of like minded people who are working there butt off just like you with the same goals. My go to program. Any dedicated hunter knows how huge fitness and mental toughness are when you are on the mountain and this program has helped me build those.

Last year we were all in shape but when the weather got bad it was trying to stay mentally tough was the trouble. You are right it’s a program for anyone and really helps if your solo. We are going 5-6 days a week 35mins to 1 hour per day. Been going for about 14 months now feeling good

That’s awesome man. Keep it up. I got drawn for Dalls this year. So I’m hitting the gym hard. Been on a few sheep hunts and nothing will break a guy down quicker than when weather moves in and your stuck in a tent for days. So I’m gonna make sure fitness and the mental game are the least of my worries.

We are getting in better shape which is hard but enjoyable. buying a larger tent with some more room for the 36 hours of weather we got last August on a mountain top.