Thread: Promaster XC-M522C

Promaster XC-M522C Tripod/Head

For anyone looking for a great backpacking tripod right out of the box(no cutting legs or pulling legs). I would highly recommend this tripod.

At the price $199USD(Cameralandny) with a fully machined ball head, this tripod is great. It comes in just over 2lbs(with the head) and extends up to about 53". I would never actually run it that high but most of what I do is sitting or on a chair.

I spent a lot of time trying to decide whether to go Slik, Sirui, or Promaster. Very happy with my decision for what I need at that price. The others are also great tripods based on what I've seen/heard.

I had a swaro ATX 65mm and Leica geovids on it and it held well and the ballhead was very easy to make adjustments and pan with, will eventually go to and outdoorsman head but thats because imo those are the best and unbeatable heads.

I'm in the lower mainland if anyone ever wants to have a look or put there hands on one to see, could figure a time out to meet up.

PS. For anyone who has binos that arent adaptable to a stud, I purchased the Outdoorsmans Bino Hand and it worked amazing for my Geovids, very well built piece.
    Last edited by porthunter; 04-10-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

2. Site Sponsor