Always a good read to remind us that we are very fragile pink bags of very important water. We puncture easily I have found out many times and bleed like heck, even from the smallest holes. Injuries wise, not too bad, some big fish hooks and one good puncture last season, slipped, hand down on a broken base of a branch, couple cms into the soft spot between thumb and fingers.

Last coupe years safety has become something I care about. OHSA/FR/EMR/Wilderness first aid has all taught me we are very fragile. Truck has two first aid kits, Big one for people, Smaller one for doggos. In my pack, medium first aid kit, CAT tourniquet, water, fire. On my person, CAT, knife, fire. Training has taught me lots, Number one - CARRY A C.A.T TOURNIQUET IT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE. Improvised TQ attempts have a failure rate of over 75%, even with a windlass (spinny thing) they fail over 90% of the time. C.A.T- Combat Application Tourniquet-- buy the real one not the fake ones and once its on a person actually being used its on until a DOCTOR takes it off end of story. Planning and prevention cant be overlooked, tell someone where you are going who knows where that actually is, usually my brother 6 hours away because my girlfriend doesn't know that tree way back there where we saw that chicken one time back a few moons ago....