Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spca

Re: Spca

Those numbers don't even include the ones they "murder" in Canada! (Gotta use harsh wording so it sinks in)

If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Those numbers don't even include the ones they "murder" in Canada! (Gotta use harsh wording so it sinks in)
    They call us hunters killers, time to turn it back on them.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

To put the Spca down further, I once had my champion bloodline dog, 10 year old Toby, unnecessarily and unreasonably taken by the SPCA due to a limping leg. Though he had never broken any bone or torn any ligament, prior to his seizure, I was treating his leg by giving him pain medication each day so as to avoid surgery. Surgery can be stressful and no guarantee to heal his leg. Each winter, he would have this limping leg problem due to the cold, otherwise it would heal by itself when weather got warmer. The winter he was taken was no different. To this day, I don't know where he is, how his leg is, or how he is doing. I don't even know if he was put down or not due to his limping leg. If I was this bad, how come they only took my one dog and not the rest of my dogs?

The SPCA is now just another "organization" of left wing, self serving, taxpayer funded, politically motivated dimwits who are pushing their anti hunting/gun agenda (same smell as the BCTF for example).
    I lost any respect I had for them years ago.

Sure, they do some good work for stray animals.....just like there are some good teachers.

I had a wonderful experience a few years ago. Came across a sick pooch. Looked like he had a been through a rough time. I took care of him for a bit, but there was no way I could keep him at that time. Took him to the local SPCA (Abbotsford). After a brief discussion with the young lady at the desk I said (something like) "Once this guy gets back to normal, he'll make a great hunting dog for someone". She suddenly turned pale, her eyes went wide, and she said (stuttered)..."sir, we don't give dogs to people so they can kill other animals".

My wife and I tried to adopt a dog from the SPCA a while back and gave up after learning of the rigamarole that had to be put up with to jump through their hoops.
    They said they would have to do three home visits to inspect the property(had to be fully fenced) and meet all of the people that would be living in the home and they all had to be there for all visits.
    On top of that it would be around $500 in fees.
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Quote Originally Posted by knothead View Post
    My wife and I tried to adopt a dog from the SPCA a while back and gave up after learning of the rigamarole that had to be put up with to jump through their hoops.
    They said they would have to do three home visits to inspect the property(had to be fully fenced) and meet all of the people that would be living in the home and they all had to be there for all visits.
    On top of that it would be around $500 in fees.
    I went through the same shit show. They said I couldn't adopt from them because I wanted to leave my dog outside during the summer while I'm at work....it's a dog with a 1/4 acre of yard to play in. What gives?

Ended up adopting a dog from Mexico by donation. Have had her for 3 years and shes the best damn dog I have had yet. Extremely loyal, intelligent and healthy.

their policy has been that way since at least 2011....I was approved for adoption and scheduled to pick up a redbone coonhound, I took 2 days vacation and drove from Chetwynd to Van, made the mistake of mentioning hunting, while standing in their office they "found a more appropriate home".....they did not reply to my requests for another couple of adoptions, can only guess I'm blacklisted

very frustrating to see that same coonhound returned and relisted twice over the next little while

before I relocated to Chetwynd I was on a 14x14 schedule while living in Van, I offered to volunteer on my days off, they said they would only accept "weekly commitments from serious volunteers" and suggested a donation would be greatly appreciated

I mentioned my experience to the SPCA in PG, and they acknowledged that the northern SPCA offices are more hunter friendly....but I will never support nor donate to them again
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

My wife stopped donating as well.
    She used to donate every year, as a gift to a friend at her birthday time, who is a big animal lover.
    (But, she also is an animal activist, and a vegan)

Turns out she was a dick of a friend (or is that a twat??).
    So my wife stopped and I had told her the SPCA was "Anti-Hunting".

I said if you want to do some good in the world.
    Then Donate to Children's Hospital and at the same time buy a lottery ticket for their cause.

Do not support SPCA if you are a hunter.
    Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    The BC SPCA euthanized in 2018 a grand total of 2,213 pets which represents @ 11% of the intake. Of that 2018, the majority were classed as Unhealthy and Untreatable. Sounds reasonable to me.
    Not defending the SPCA "anti" hunting stance, just trying to put the alleged "murder" of pets in perspective.
    Again, very disappointed with their stance on hunting but that has to be weighed against all the good things that they do for the welfare of pets.
    It's kinda like any Election - the Party of choice rarely, if ever has a platform that anyone can back 100%.