Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Down Sleeping Bags

Re: Down Sleeping Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Ghillie View Post
    Waterproof down, my tall bag compresses nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by northernguy View Post
    My -18 Taiga down bag compresses enough to easily fit into bottom of the several various packs I have. I was worried about compression when I bought the bag but I'm pleased with how small it packs down. I'm sure there are bags that compress smaller but for the money I'm happy with what I have.
    How small can they compress down to, I can only get my MH synthetic compressed down to an approx under inflated basketball AND it's 3lb 13oz!!
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Re: Down Sleeping Bags

My Taiga -18 down bag gets about as small as a half a 5 gallon plastic pail (using a compression sack...and pulling the straps to the stops) if that helps you visualize the size...maybe slightly bigger. The diameter is not much bigger than the bottom of a 5 gallon plastic pail and the length is slightly over half that of a pail.

I'm sure other bags get smaller but I just can't afford double the price for less than a 1/3rd better compression. I found it to be a fair compromise and I like the bag....comfy and warm!

And having a bag that might not compress as small as others takes away the temptation to used the extra space for packing stuff I really don't need!