Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10' jon boat must haves

Re: 10' jon boat must haves

A 1032 is horribly unstable and if you had 2 good sized men in most 10' jons, you're over the rated limit anyways.

I can't imagine tipping over in a 10 Spratley even with the seat up high - they're very stable tanks. Heavy though.

Flipping a boat in the middle of a lake, well that's one of my nightmares. Glad you got to safety before the worst could happen.

I bailed out of my 1032 once before but I ve also had it out in white caps with 2 fat guys inside with confidence. I was drunk when I fell out though. Wider boats are well worth the money imo. Paint 1’ marks on your anchor rope so you can see how deep without a sounder. Sounders are nice though. Some seat with a back is a MUST. Stadium is best for moving stuff around in a small rig.

Loved my 1032. So light and portable.... so tippy.... the fish didn’t care though.

Buddy has a 1032 i borrowed after FOOLISHLY selling my 11 ft FLY Fisherman to monashee mountain man BEN on here - The 1032 Jon boat is the most DANGEROUS boat i have EVER fished out of NEXT to a Canoe ! Extremely tippy ! Yikes ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by guntech View Post
    4 more feet.

10 foot is very tippy. Wear your life jacket.
    You got that right, my dad saved his fishing partner one day. He showed up to fish and wayne was in the water holding on to his boat. said he almost let go a few times, was in the fall. was sitting on a lawn chair and leaned over to the side and down he went. After getting a new dog that grew to 110 pounds, I to needed a bigger boat, bought a 14 foot lund, on a trailer, always ready to fish. At least buy the extra wide models.

The new Lowe 1040 is pretty sturdy. Light and priced low too.

Quote Originally Posted by sames14 View Post
    The new Lowe 1040 is pretty sturdy. Light and priced low too.
    Our Son bought one last year, loves it.
    He finds it reasonably sturdy with 2 adults and a small kid on board.
    Has fished in small mountain Lakes, Lake Osoyoos and even crab and prawn fishing off Porteau Cove.

Picked up my new Fly Master 10` last week
    Awesome boat. Very happy with it.
    50lb minn kota does awesome

Already hooked into some nice fish

Sell it and buy a canoe...
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Had the plug fail on mine last weekend. Never seen a guy haul up two anchors faster lol

So I'd add a spare plug to the must have list haha

Hard to beat the Marlon’s, 110lbs for the 10fter and a more stable boat you won’t find. Handles two adults leaning over to release fish no problem. It’s not as well built as a spratley or a journey but mines 3 years old and has taken a beating with no leaks and it’s waaaay lighter. The benches suck though so I just made floor boards and sit on good folding lawn chairs with the side tables and cup holders. I also like having a removable bracket over the gunnel of the boat to hold the oars on the outside of the boat instead of inside. A good wood or other floating net with a big flat fine mesh or rubber bag is a must too. Way better than jamming an 8lber in an upside down wizards hat.