Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reg 3 & 5 - Do you carry bear protection? If so, what?

Re: Reg 3 & 5 - Do you carry bear protection? If so, what?

[quote=ironnoggin;2084919]your extreme lack of experience is shining through again...

having been directly involved with testing bear spray on both grizzlies and black bears, i can assure you that i personally will never rely on it to deter any bear. Especially large dominant boars whose reaction to attack the source was just common enough as to be very worrying.

Suggesting that spray "is just as effective as a rifle" is the opinion of one who has never been there.

I will pack my rifle, or a short double shotgun loaded with slugs thank you very much.

Cheers,

Hear,Hear!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Your extreme lack of experience is shining through again...

Having been directly involved with testing bear spray on both grizzlies and black bears, I can assure you that I personally will NEVER rely on it to deter any bear. Especially large dominant boars whose reaction to attack the source was just common enough as to be very worrying.

Suggesting that spray "is just as effective as a rifle" is the opinion of one who has never been there.

I will pack my rifle, or a short double shotgun loaded with slugs thank you very much.

Cheers,
    Nog
    I thought you had ole D29 on ignore my friend
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Cool Re: Reg 3 & 5 - Do you carry bear protection? If so, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    I thought you had ole D29 on ignore my friend
    I did, until someone who will remain nameless pm'd to note he was again spewing about what he really doesn't know or understand (surprise surprise) again. Since I am somewhat experienced in this matter, I decided to take a boo. Quick reply, and back to the dungeon with his compatriots he went...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    Just strap a can to your belt, weighs nothing, and is just as effective as a rifle. This is what I do when bow hunting and luckily have only been close to using it.
    YEA you BET your LUCKY ! Because one Day your gonna find out just how USELESS spray can be against a Predatory Bear or a MOM bear with Cubs ! And to SUGGEST to people that spray is just as EFFECTIVE as a Gun ?? is really IGNORANT on your part ! You trying to get people KILLED ?? What kinda GUN are you comparing it too - BB - Pellet Gun ?? RJ

Why are you guys trying to stop D29 from just carrying spray...

I did, until someone who will remain nameless pm'd to note he was again spewing about what he really doesn't know or understand (surprise surprise) again. Since I am somewhat experienced in this matter, I decided to take a boo. Quick reply, and back to the dungeon with his compatriots he went...

Cheers,
    Nog
    The spewings a given. Someone took time out of their day to PM you he’s doing that? Yeah right. You just opened Pandora’s box. And you saw what you thought you were going to see. More BS.

Arrow Re: Reg 3 & 5 - Do you carry bear protection? If so, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    The spewings a given. Someone took time out of their day to PM you he’s doing that? Yeah right. You just opened Pandora’s box. And you saw what you thought you were going to see. More BS.
    Your tinfoil hat needs a little adjusting it would seem.

Some of us actually do have friends.
    Alien concept??

Cheers,
    Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Your tinfoil hat needs a little adjusting it would seem.

Some of us actually do have friends.
    Alien concept??

Cheers,
    Nog
    Just because you wave at someone as you leave the beer store does not make them your friend

Thumbs up Re: Reg 3 & 5 - Do you carry bear protection? If so, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Just because you wave at someone as you leave the beer store does not make them your friend

SHHHHH!!!!

Nog

Guess he got to Know me

Don't bow hunt much anymore , but if I did I would carry my 12G pump with home grown 000 Buck at hand. In fact , it is actually with me anytime I go out to the woods. Out of sight , but in mind. I usually load, one shot shell, one buck shot, one slug, then one more 000 buck. When I'm rifle hunting , I have my hunting load and some heavy hitters in , say, nickel plated cases, easy to identify.
    Havent seen many Grizz , but have seen tracks that were very very fresh and could swear that I could smell him.