Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow levels around horsefly?

Snow levels around horsefly?

Hows the spring thaw lookin out horsefly way? Tryin to figure out when to try and make a burn out to our place at plato island....like to get a jump on my spring cleaning and be set for the spring well before its time to go tip over a bear!

Thanks for any local info!
    Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Snow levels around horsefly?

Hmmm Chris..might have time and inclination to be actually right on your cabins area on Saturday..
    Will send a PM.on snow levels.
    Cheers
    Steven
    One of THE best black bear concentrations is behind your cabin..however you probably already knowed that.

I was talking to a lady from the Puddle on Tuesday. She was telling me that the snow was still knee deep at the gate to their strata at Haggin’s Point. Highways only plow to the gate.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Ha ha call us in a month. The roads around here are horrendous. 4X4 only with high clearance. B Bears come out after the 7th of May. G Bears are out by the first of May. Don't worry the pack rats are getting along just fine out that way. I kid.
    We are experiencing the worst roads in 5 years. Weird since last year we had 108 inches of snow and this year only 63 inches of snow. Ice/slush on the lake is still 20 inches thick.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I'd bet at least a couple more weeks to get in, between snow levels and mud that follows, plus the shade of the North slope the road is on. It's been since the road stopped being plowed after Dan and Bonnie sold it since anyone could make it in this early in a highway legal vehicle easily.

BTW, I'm four spots over from you, and have had the the place since '05, so I have a pretty good idea of when the road usually opens up.

Hmmm thanks guys..saved me a trip..lol already have tinny on canopy..roads that bad will not be good for boat or rack..will try April 20th With rifle and my new black bear tag..
    Steven

Thanks for the info folks! Unfortunately confirmed my suspicions! Im jones'in to get my boat out fishin and shake down all the winter projects added on! Prolly have to go dunk it in dragon...or maybe run down to lac le hache in a few weeks!

Thnx again for the info!
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Bump. Curious if you guys got any more snow fall up there this past week?

My father in-law went up to his cabin at Quesnel lake last weekend. He said the ice is almost off but there were a few iffy spots on the drive in where snow was still pretty deep in the shade

Quote Originally Posted by scttlp86 View Post
    My father in-law went up to his cabin at Quesnel lake last weekend. He said the ice is almost off but there were a few iffy spots on the drive in where snow was still pretty deep in the shade
    Thanks for the info