Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Rant from Retired Wildlife Bioligist

Great Rant from Retired Wildlife Bioligist

Written by retired biologist, Dean Trumbley.
    So I am not writing this as a TV show host but instead as a former registered professional wildlife/fisheries biologist.
    So why is it that social policy doesn't change the way we build bridges or changes a medical diagnosis by engineers and doctors, respectively. Oh yah that is because we 100% respect and identify that we need engineers and doctors who dedicate their lives via education and experience to make bridges structurally sound and diagnose disease and illness. You never see social policy or public pressure change an engineers blue prints or a doctors diagnoses. You especially will never see a politician go in and change a blue print or medical diagnoses on those aspects either.
    So as a retired biologist, as with all other biologists, who dedicated their lives to wildlife management, why is it we as people allow emotionally driven propaganda to influence our politicians to then step in and effect or worse yet change science-based wildlife management. Also...you would never see any of these same propaganda driven people stand in a drafting room or in an emergency room throwing garbage at engineers or doctors to effect change. Yet this seems to be the "accepted" practise lately. WTH? I think one of the other crimes is our current politicians ignoring both mandate and legislation. What do I mean...well most of our top wildlife management acts in Canada and throughout the world indicate very clearly that "science" is the means to manage wildlife populations and decisions. I.E. Species at Risk Act, North American Model for Wildlife Management, etc... The reason these propaganda driven individuals and even our politicians don't change engineer or doctor's decisions is because it would result in a bridge or building collapsing or an individual dying. We leave those decisions to the professionals who have dedicated their lives via education and experience to make those calls within their disciplines which are also regulated and peer monitored via professional associations. I simply have picked out engineers and doctors as an example but this can be applied across any other professional discipline and the results are the same. However, not in the environmental sciences and especially biology. I am greatly offended that this is allowed to happen. I have had the pleasure in my biology career to work along side some of the best biologists in all of Canada especially when I sat for six years on the COSEWIC files.
    Sad thing is these same uneducated, emotionally driven, propaganda generating individuals are not achieving what they say their end goal is. They achieve a short term victory by getting a season shut. However, the long-term reality is...they have done way more damage to the target population (and other species populations) because they have ignore and went around the professionals by using social policy to effect the decision of weak minded politicians whom ignore the legislative mandates to achieve popularity votes.
    So why do I love the hunting community... simple. We hunt and accept hunting regulations based on wildlife management. Cause at the end of the day most hunters want the exact same thing. A healthy environment, lands at carrying capacity, vibrant populations, solid science and YES...we are the first group to shut down an area or reduce a season or even shut down a season if we knew this was what is best for the longevity of a species. Guess who else wants to see that as well....BIOLIGISTS. So let's stop this social policy garbage, kick politics out of wildlife management and do what is best for the species...SCIENCE.
    I am sorry if there are errors or typos as I am doing this in my cell and also still recovering from an illness. But for those who know me I couldn't help myself, I am passionate about the outdoors and wildlife management hence why I dedicated my life to it.

Please copy and paste to any and all anti hunters!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Great Rant from Retired Wildlife Bioligist

I agree 100% and very well written Thank you for that. Steve!

Great write up, its a shame that anti hunters cant read or use logic
    - A hunter who doesn't bring home the meat is just an outdoor enthusiast

The truth speaks. Thank you, my dad was a wildlife biologist as well in B.C. he would echo and applaud your rant!!
    Blacktailaholic

Very good article ! Maybe this should be included in the many groups/associations that are trying to protect our hunting heritage and right to hunt . What do you fellas think ?
    Arctic Lake

This should be forward to all news media outlets, placed on all social media sites and spread throughout the hunting community. Great job Dean; we’ll be posting on facebook to start.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

This is one of those things that NEEDS to go out to the non hunting public. Even though it is nice to see but preaching about this to the hunting community that fully supports and understands this mans stance is not what will bring change

I applaud the man for writing it but this kind of message needs to go out beyond hunters sharing it with our selves or using it to throw at anti’s. This kind of thing needs to be used to educate the non hunting public and as a stance with government that is where it will get results

Hunters using this to argue with an anti is a waste of time. Using this to educate the non hunting public discrediting the anti’s stance with them is where it’s valuable

If someone knows the writer ask him to get involved with one of BC’s hunter friendly organizations to get his voice heard to educate the public

You want a future for hunting stop playing checkers and start playing chess

If anyone wants to hear Dean speak on these subjects then you will want to attend the "BC interior sportsman show" in Kelowna this weekend Friday april 5-6-7th. I see in the itinerary that he speaks once on friday at 5:00 then twice on sat 11:00 and 3:00 then sun at 10:15am I am going to try and make it down there myself as it will be interesting.

Hunters need to realize wining a simple argument with an anti accomplishes very little compared to education of the public so they don’t support an anti’s cause. Anti’s have non power without public support

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    This is one of those things that NEEDS to go out to the non hunting public. Even though it is nice to see but preaching about this to the hunting community that fully supports and understands this mans stance is not what will bring change

I applaud the man for writing it but this kind of message needs to go out beyond hunters sharing it with our selves or using it to throw at anti’s. This kind of thing needs to be used to educate the non hunting public and as a stance with government that is where it will get results

Hunters using this to argue with an anti is a waste of time. Using this to educate the non hunting public discrediting the anti’s stance with them is where it’s valuable

If someone knows the writer ask him to get involved with one of BC’s hunter friendly organizations to get his voice heard to educate the public

You want a future for hunting stop playing checkers and start playing chess
    You obviously dont know Dean, otherwise you would of stopped after your first sentence.