Thread: Partner wanted - Dall Sheep/Goat hunt August 2019

Partner wanted - Dall Sheep/Goat hunt August 2019

Hey Everyone

I was lucky enough to pull an early LEH for Dall's Sheep in 6-28 for August 1st 2019. My buddy and I went in there 2 years ago on his draw and were able to take a decent Mtn Goat but couldn't find any rams. The plan was for us to go in again this summer, but his brother decided that Aug. long is a great time to get married.

I've gone back and forth about going in solo, but with a new baby at home this may not be the year to start a 10 day solo trip. So after exhausting my other hunting partners (who have plans and draws of their own), I'm putting this out there to see if there's any interest from HBC.

All told this will be my 3rd sheep hunt, so I'm not completely green - however, we haven't been able to seal the deal as of yet. I spend quite a bit of time mountaineering/backcountry skiing so I'm more than at home in the mountains and have the necessary gear.

The plan is to travel to Whitehorse before the season begins (July 28/29) and fly in a couple days early and see if we can find rams for opening day. I've taken a couple goats so I'm pretty focused on sheep only (unless its a cranker Billy) but have no problem packing meat for someone else.

If you've got time and interest shoot me a PM and we can go from there.

Cheers

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Partner wanted - Dall Sheep/Goat hunt August 2019

**** I’d love to but I fly out the 10th and the wife would kill me if I took all of August off to hunt sheep n goat
    BC Wild sheep society
    BC BCHA
    BC wildlife federation
    RMGA

Re: Partner wanted - Dall Sheep/Goat hunt August 2019

I think its early to be asking. I would try asking after the LEH's are out. More people might be inclined to come after they know they don't have any tags that might interfere. If I don't get any id be interested as I keep trying for that tag and its only a matter of time until I get it Good luck regardless, hope to hear how you did after the seasons done.