Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gerber Vital Pack Saw versus Mossy Oak

Re: Gerber Vital Pack Saw versus Mossy Oak

Where are guys getting bone blades for your Silkys? Lee Valley now only carries the wood blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaddict View Post
    Where are guys getting bone blades for your Silkys? Lee Valley now only carries the wood blade.
    I replaced one blade on a silky but wasn't a fine tooth blade, you can order from Silky's website but the shipping was just as much as the blade....I ordered from Amazon.ca, free shipping with a prime account
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaddict View Post
    Amazon as well. Bought a saw with a coarse blade for wood locally then ordered a fine tooth blade from amazon.

MEC carries them (silky). I use them for work - cutting roots in soil pits and for cutting game. A finer blade would be nicer but I think we over analyze everything. It just needs to do what it needs to do. Perfect is for the guy replacing your hip.

Rather Be Fishing. Are you looking for a bone saw to have along when doing hike in hunting . How much weight would you want to carry ? There are smallish length butcher saws available to purchase from places like Stuffers Supply if you wanted a bone saw at a drive in base camp . As others have mentioned a fine tooth blade is what you want a tad bigger tooth than a hack saw blade not quite as fine. Pork packers saw 18”
    Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 04-07-2019 at 09:50 AM.