Walking Buffalo et al....

OK, I'm busted. So yes I have a strong environmental ethic and from time to time work against the interests of large natural resource companies (more often than not oil and gas companies but from time to time, the forest industry as well). I have a master degree in environmental science and have worked as a biologist for over 30 years, about half of my career for industry/government and about half for individuals/First nations and ENGOs who found themselves in conflict with the oil and gas industry. That experience gives me a somewhat unique perspective - I've been on both sides of the debate(s) and understand perspectives on both sides. Having said that, and before you all stone me or throw me to the lions, let me say that I have been an outdoorsman, fisherman, shooter and a hunters since i was less than 12 years old, over 50 years. When I was younger I have worked as a big game guide in Alberta and the NWT and still would but for a pair of tired knees... I am a bona fide hunter but with a long standing concern about how we treat nature and how wildlife species are being taken care of. I was taught at an early age that is what hunters do... That is what hunters stood for.. Personally, I want to be able to introduce my grandchildren, and if I'm lucky, my great grandchildren, to hunting and all that goes along with it. If any of you are so narrow minded that you want to ridicule me or dismiss me as "troll", so be it... But I for one, and yes there are many other hunters like me, that put significant personal effort into ensuring that the likes of you might actually have high quality hunting opportunities in the future.

Finally, if we cannot have intelligent, reasoned discussions, even debates, on forums like HubntingBc or Alberta Outdoorman, without calling each other names or impugning each others motives, what chance do wildlife and hunting really have?