Thread: Caribou 2018 -now what?

Threaded View

Caribou 2018 -now what?

So, the plan was to post this during the winter, but time flies. Now it's LEH time and bear season, so I guess I dragged my feet.

Anyway...me and my running buddies wanted to go on a moose hunt in a cool place, so we picked the Itchas. We all put in for moose, and as a second thought we put in for caribou.

As luck would have it I was skunked. Again. So were all my buddies, except one, who got a caribou draw.

He wasn't impressed. It's a long way to go for one caribou between 3 guys he said.

I understand, I said. Younger guys, lots of job, kids and wife demands. I totally get it. We'll hunt spike moose in Region 3 instead.

But...you know...some guy in the States is probably willing to pay $20k for a hunt like this, and here we are, lucky enough to live here and just be able to go.

It worked. A couple days later he texts "OK, I'm in. Who else is going?"

Summer flies by and the next thing you know we're in Nimpo on the float waiting for the plane. We're stoked because we know that night we'll be sitting around a fire in the mountains.

Then we're in the plane and we're stoked because it's always a blast to fly around in a Beaver.

Then we get into the Itchas and we're seeing tons of goats from the plane, which is awesome. No, they aren't huntable there, but who doesn't like seeing goats?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hornpile.jpg 
Views:	2326 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	7367  
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

2. Site Sponsor