Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticks are out caddisguy 1, ticks 0

Ticks are out caddisguy 1, ticks 0

Did a quick trailcam check / service, shed hunt, bear scout, sight-in, campfire, cook-out one-nighter.

Found the ticks. I think I'm winning. I haven't checked my clothes or showered though

Last edited by caddisguy; 03-31-2019 at 07:44 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ticks are out caddisguy 1, ticks 0

You are the tick magnet lol

Nice work , fire in the hole . Burn Baby Burn .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Should have put this one in the wild game dinners thread!
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Think they have been out between Merritt and Kamloops for damn near three weeks now!!!

I loathe those little hellions!

Was in Okanagan Mountain Park on Friday flicked 2 off during my hike then killed 7 of the *******s during the clothing check back at the truck!!!!

Every year I consider a trip to BC in the spring just for a wander around until I see HBCs annual "the ticks are out" report. Not to mention the bears are awake and hungry.
    Our red and sika stags are rutting which in it's self is a reason to stay home.
    I'll be home before winter. It's too cold to sleep out.

Has there been any revelations of a better repellant? I've been using some spray for horses from the local tack/feed store. I can't recall the permethrin percentage but I do recall it being of the highest I could find. 5 or 0.5%.

I went through 2 cans last season throughout numerous trips, did not see a single tick on myself or dog, but there may not have been much of a population in the areas either.

Quote Originally Posted by gamehunter6o View Post
    Every year I consider a trip to BC in the spring just for a wander around until I see HBCs annual "the ticks are out" report. Not to mention the bears are awake and hungry.
    Our red and sika stags are rutting which in it's self is a reason to stay home.
    Sounds like a friend of my sisters friend, lives in Africa , but will not come to Canada because we have grizzlies , but will camp out where there are lions roaming close by !!!!

What is it with you and ticks Caddisguy?