Now that we've pretty well exhausted the FF thread and Rainer has finally admitted he's wrong , let's tear into this topic.

E Collars have been around for over 40 years. The first ones were a one intensity unit that delivered a very significant jolt that was meant as punishment tool only. Over time the E Collars have evolved to variable intensity units that deliver almost imperceptible stimulation up to quite a significant jolt. They will deliver continuous or momentary stimulation by a simple, user friendly adjustment on the transmitter.

Most countries in Europe have banned their use as inhumane. Many animal rights groups in Canada and the US, including the SPCA, are actively lobbying for the same.

My feeling is that any tool in the wrong hands can be inhumane. A persons hands or feet can deliver significant trauma to an animal if so desired.

I use E Collars daily when training. My dogs will stuff their heads into the collar because they associate it with fun. I've seen other dogs cower when the collar comes out. My goal is to train to the highest levels of competative Retriever training in North America and could not even attempt to accomplish this without this tool.......unless I had about 15 years to train each dog.

Any comments?