Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk annealers

Re: Lets talk annealers

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    todbartell

Really ! Well who would of thought that ? RJ

Cheaper than buying an annealer you'd have to anneal 8000pcs of brass to save any $ over using my premium services
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Cheaper than buying an annealer you'd have to anneal 8000pcs of brass to save any $ over using my premium services
    What do you charge to do 100 brass, are you destroying a case to set the program on your unit or you running a preset program?
    Last edited by donny.brooke; 04-04-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Who's Precision Annealing ? RJ
    Tod Bartell & Son
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    What do you charge to do 100 brass, are you destroying a case to set the program on your unit or you running a preset program?
    I will sacrifice a case for larger batches on Aztec mode if the customer is fine with it, otherwise I'd run a standard code. 25 cents per round, return shipping $15
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Got the annealer in and did two batches of brass, 300 PRC and 6.5 Creedmoor and turned out perfect. Pretty slick system for all in under $200.00 bucks. Takes about 20 min to get the salt and shell holder heated up to 520° F and then about 5 minutes to do 50 brass, the PRC brass cools the salts down a bit quicker than the Creedmoor brass did and had to adjust the temp setting a bit hotter for that batch. If I could load pics on here I would but it's not working for me

Did your extreme spread tighten up?
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

I haven't shot any loads yet with the annealed brass just did it today, can keep you posted

interesting article on salt bath annealing

https://www.ampannealing.com/article...does-it-work-/

A study done by AMP on another companies unit, wonder if its bias lol. A hyperlink posted by a guy who sells annealing services on an AMP unit? My salt bath unit works great and at 1/10 the cost of an AMP unit no wonder they posted a video to try to scare people off. The neck tension on my brass after using the salt bath unit is now better than I have ever felt. Take what you read on this link with a grain of salt lol.
    Last edited by donny.brooke; 05-17-2019 at 04:01 PM.