Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets talk annealers

Re: Lets talk annealers

I think it's just the facts.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

It will be interesting to see what Ballistic Recreations says about this. Has Ballistic Recreations has ever provided independent proof that their salt product actually does work?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Interesting read. What's missing in the article is a comparison of the same hardness tests done on the same brass using the AMP. All that is shown is a "target" hardness curve, which for all we know could be an unachievable theoretical ideal. Their own separate article on annealing states a target nominal neck hardness of 120 HV, which the salt bath appears to get very close to.

I've no doubt that the AMP is likely the best annealing method, especially for competitive pros, but I'm not yet convinced that the salt bath or torch/drill/socket method doesn't provide "good enough" results for the recreational shooter at a fraction of the cost.

Torch and drill works for me, no way to measure, but neck tension seems consistent, brass life is good, accuracy good, I sacrificed a case, cheapest way I found. I've never heard of salt, will have to do some googling.

This is a link that I found on Gunnutz that someone that sells them did. Maybe the owner?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15ar...PXU2ckXwf_WsN4
    They are out there,they look like us,they talk like us, but they ain’t us.

Hi Mark, are you still offering to anneal brass?

Cheers
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gw272 View Post
    Hi Mark, are you still offering to anneal brass?

Cheers
    Gary
    yes sir, send me a PM if interested
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004