Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand Up for Hunting

Re: Stand Up for Hunting

Signed at passed to everyone I know. I can't believe that with 43,000 members and hopefully all those signing sending it to people they know the 8000 goal hasn't been surpassed many times over. Hopefully it increases exponentially with more exposure.

yeah i am really surprised that 8000 is so hard to reach.... even if you don't hunt cats sign up it doesn't cost anything, and who knows what's next on there list to ban. if they get cats thats one step closer to ending all hunting. cats kill a lot of deer and sheep, sheep can be very vonerable to cats and they can basically wipe the sheep off a mountain imagine nobody hunted cats.... and ever tom became a big mature apex killing machine... please take the two seconds and sign up!

There is a ton of hunters that don’t know what goes on around them is what it really is

A lot of the members here are not active. A lot of the BCWF are people who got the membership as part of paying dues elsewhere. Majority of hunters are not in the loop like people assume

Efforts to reach other hunters needs to increase on these issues. Only 1 person I have spoken to knew about this before for I told them

If anyone is involved in clubs that are none BCWF inform them

If your heading to your local sport store print off a copy of this so it can be put it up in there store

If you know someone who has not signed tell them if they don’t sign kick them in the nuts

I think some HBC members left because of the lack of thick skin, and at times, it can get a bit too much as far as the
    fighting.
    And the fact that much of HBC threads are about all our current problems related to hunting and wildlife, management and anti's, as compared to some years back now, where many were posting up success stories and pics, no longer interest them.
    So, now they all go to some of the bc hunting FB sites to get their fill of hunting pics/success.
    (although, from what I gather from my friends I hunt with who do spend all their time there and not hbc, I think they us
    those FB sites to "gauge" how others are doing compared to themselves in the success department).

What is alarming is that many hunters in BC "don't really want to think about the issues".
    And if they don't think about it, they will "never get involved".

I think when I was young, I was brought up by my dad and uncle who hunted, and was made to believe, like they themselves, that someone was taking care of it.
    That the ministry and bcwf together would keep BC game #'s at a level where success would be reasonably good.
    And I think now, many who are my age, with that belief still in the head now have children also, and are bringing them up
    thinking the same as when I was young.
    In other words, the blind leading the blind.

I don't think some are getting it into their heads that we have "serious issues" that extend beyond just poor hunting
    success rates.
    I think most BC hunters realize success rates are low, thus their FB interests trying to figure out "where else they should go".
    Not sure how long they will need still to realize that low success rates are virtually province wide, and definitely not
    consistent any longer.

Hopefully every hunter in BC figures that out soon so that they all get involved and start speaking up.

Signed. .

Done.....We gotta keep this going, or we are going to lose everything, including both hunting and fishing........Pacemaker

It's time to stand up before we can't! Signed and sent.

Ok done, and forwarded.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Count is up to 7355 today.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....