Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Stand Up for Hunting

Re: Stand Up for Hunting

Thanks Bugle! just past 8700 - just over a thousand to go!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

I received the same response from my MLA Sheila Malcolmson as others have received,
    here is my response...

Thank you for your response Sheila, however I feel you have missed my reason for concern.

The last time the small fringe activist group "Wildlife Defence League" started a campaign your government chose to side with their emotion based demands and abolished the Grizzly Hunt completely ! I'm already aware of the Fish and Wildlife Branch polices and procedures you explained in great detail in your email, my concern is that your government might once again choose to ignore them.

My hope is that you will help convince your government to stick to the scientific management of wildlife with the vision of their Wildlife Program in focusing "it's efforts on the adaptive, proactive and coordinated delivery of wildlife conservation use and enjoyment"... rather than for political reasons.

Thanks again for your time
    Brent,

( and thanks Darksith, I liked your response and tried to echo it in a similar fashion best I could )

Last edited by Islander30; 04-04-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Does anybody know if this has made any of the BC Hunting FB sites for people to get the message??

Quote Originally Posted by Islander30 View Post
    I received the same response from my MLA Sheila Malcolmson as others have received,
    here is my response...

Thank you for your response Sheila, however I feel you have missed my reason for concern.

The last time the small fringe activist group "Wildlife Defence League" started a campaign your government chose to side with their emotion based demands and abolished the Grizzly Hunt completely ! I'm already aware of the Fish and Wildlife Branch polices and procedures you explained in great detail in your email, my concern is that your government might once again choose to ignore them.

My hope is that you will help convince your government to stick to the scientific management of wildlife with the vision of their Wildlife Program in focusing "it's efforts on the adaptive, proactive and coordinated delivery of wildlife conservation use and enjoyment"... rather than for political reasons.

Brent,

( and thanks Darksith, I liked your response and tried to echo it in a similar fashion best I could )

Well written........

I signed up and got my not-online hunting parters to add their voices.
    BCWF got this one right. I've always maintained membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Does anybody know if this has made any of the BC Hunting FB sites for people to get the message??
    Yes. All over those pages.

The format ofF FB notifications allows for a much faster spread of this type of thing. Have been seeing it shared over and over and over by hunting pages and individual hunters.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

^^^that's good.
    however I am shocked we cant get 10,000 signatures being on FB and all.
    I really do believe now that most hunters "don't get it".
    I guess they think "someone else" will take care of everything.
    They just don't realize that "someone else" MEANS "the Anti's"!

i have had response from both John Horgan's people and Jas Johal, the liberal rep is Richmond. Jas seems to get it and asked if i wanted to sit down and meet him to discuss. the response from Horgans rep was disappointing. basically said this is our plan with a link to the wildlife management plan. i responded with a very similar response that islander30 laid out and the rep at least acknowledged with a thank you, i guess they figured it out that i didn't vote for them so no need to continue the conversation.

Well written - a LOT better than my response was....

Quote Originally Posted by Islander30 View Post
    here is my response...

Brent,

Needs a bump