Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand Up for Hunting

Re: Stand Up for Hunting

........Done.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

done for every person in my house, plus printed and mailing as well
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Got this response today and replied

Thank you for the response Ms Singh,

I appreciate the feedback and am happy to hear that you are leading with science. That being said this was not the case when your government abolished the Gizzly Bear hunt, and because of this you can understand our concern when this same small fringe activist group begins another campaign attacking another scientifically managed sustainable hunt. I urge you work within your party and ensure that discussions are had to prevent future management decisions are made for emotionally driven political reasons.

Kind Regards,

Greg Nalleweg

Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing, copying or in any way using this message and any file attachments. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy and delete the message and any attachments you may have received

Sent: April 1, 2019 11:50 AM
    To: Greg Nalleweg <greg@nextgenelectrical.ca>
    Subject: RE: Supporting the Managed Hunt

Hi Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to write to my constituency office with regards to hunting practices in British Columbia.

As you may know, the Fish and Wildlife Branch establishes legislation, policies and procedures for managing fishing and hunting activities, and for the allocation of fish and wildlife resources for recreational and commercial use. This is done by preparing Fish and Wildlife Program regulations in consultation with regions and other stakeholder, and preparing the Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis and the Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis.

The province manages wildlife populations on the principle of conservation first, followed by First Nations' rights. Only then is licensed hunting allowed. Cougar, lynx and bobcat populations appear stable, and anecdotally, cougar populations in the Kootenay region are increasing. There have been increased cougar sightings and the Conservation Officer Service is responding to more cougar-related calls in the Peace Region. There are currently cougar population studies occurring on Vancouver Island and in the southeast Kootenays. Finally, the number of bobcats appear to be increasing, which is based on the number of harvested animals in a given year by trappers or hunters.
    The vision of the provincial Wildlife Program is “naturally diverse and sustainable wildlife supporting varied uses for current and future generations.” To support this vision, the BC Government, via the Wildlife Program, focuses its efforts on the adaptive, proactive and coordinated delivery of wildlife conservation, use and enjoyment opportunities.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write.

Best,

Rachna Singh, MLA Surrey-Green Timbers
    rachna.singh.mla@leg.bc.ca | #100 – 9030 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

To keep this thread going, I also got a response from my MLA Greg Kyllo / Shuswap... I thanked him and will be keeping in touch with him and will set up a meeting to keep the pressure on about this issue. Sounds like he gets it though.

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your concern about hunting practices and wildlife management in British Columbia
    Our caucus remains steadfast that all wildlife management decisions need to be made on the basis of the best available science.
    We believe that a balance can be struck between wildlife management and economic development – these goals are not mutually exclusive.
    We have significant concern that the current governments ideologically-based agenda is alienating law-abiding hunters from discussions about best practices on the land base.
    The best government decisions come from combining the best available data with robust consultation with the individuals who spend the most time in the backcountry.
    Hunters understand that the continuation of hunting practices requires a strong mandate for conservational practices. This unique knowledge needs to be a part of government wildlife management decision making.
    As for hunters, we are concerned about declining ungulates like caribou and moose. The best science available tells us that habitat and predator control are critical. It is understandable that hunters are frustrated with the lack of government action on the issue of predator management.
    Thank you again for your engagement on this issue. I encourage you to contact Minister Doug Donaldson, Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development to raise your concerns FLNR.Minister@gov.bc.ca , as well as Premier John HorganPremier@gov.bc.ca
    Best Regards,

Really need to get the word out on this I am up to 18 hunters who had no clue about this now. I will be talking to my local sport store tomorrow

This is how the anti’s get us. It’s the effort they put in to get their message out there to EVERYBODY

Done and forwarded

Done and forwarded

getting close to 8000 now guys, i see they increased the goal!! that's a good sign! keep it up

Still want to see 20000 by Friday lol

Done that now.