Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is just sad..

Re: This is just sad..

Over the years I've had hunting discussions with PETA Members, Antis, what evers and I find that sticking to facts works the best.
    Avoid tossing out insults - it just reinforces their opinions that we are all aholes.
    Beat them with kindness.
    Most polls I've seen show @10% hunters, 10% strident antis and 80% ambivalent. Might be better to work on the ambivalents.

I totally agree guys, bashing is just primitive
    and will reinforce the "cave man" image that is already
    perceived by many.

Facts don't care about your feelings and cannot
    be as easily dispersed. Whereas everyone has opinions and those
    can be argued about until the next millennia.

Excited to be putting that piece together and finally making
    the extra English/Creative writing courses to good use!
    As said, I'll post it here before sending it out to get your feedback
    and most importantly, your input and anything that will make
    it stronger!

Cheers guys!

Someone should write an articulate informative response to the letter to castenet artilcle.

One of her Facebook freinds has "Peta" listed as his middle name. Coincedence or just an axx.

Quote Originally Posted by sames14 View Post
    One of her Facebook freinds has "Peta" listed as his middle name. Coincedence or just an axx.
    Not much of a stretch that a fanatical anti hunter would be a peta supporter

Arrow Re: This is just sad..

From her FB page, she is:
    Anti-Hunting
    Anti-Bullriding
    Anti-Rodeo
    Anti-Horse drawn carriages
    Anti-Coca Cola
    Anti-Cat Declawing
    Anti-Eating flesh of factory-farmed animals
    Anti-Whaling
    Anti-Lab animal testing
    Anti-Ocean Science
    Anti-Trapping
    And so much more!

In fact, this Slacktivist has absolutely nothing positive on their FB pages & profile whatsoever.
    Just HATE, Hate & more HATE!
    Hell of a miserable life methinks.
    I actually do pity the poor nutless wonder she is hitched to!

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Over the years I've had hunting discussions with PETA Members, Antis, what evers and I find that sticking to facts works the best.
    Avoid tossing out insults - it just reinforces their opinions that we are all aholes.
    Beat them with kindness.
    Most polls I've seen show @10% hunters, 10% strident antis and 80% ambivalent. Might be better to work on the ambivalents.
    good words right there.

Quote Originally Posted by jan.wi97 View Post
    https://www.castanet.net/news/Letter...to-end-hunting

Hey Guys,
    Joint effort in formulating a response to the oblivious
    and thoroughly brain dead individual?
    Time to end hunting
    Contributed - Mar 29, 2019 / 2:53 pm | Story: 252787

Most wildlife dies young, victim of numerous dangers, the greatest being a hunter armed with a gun. Traps also take a share of fur-bearing animals, including domestic dogs running free near trails.

We often hear of dogs lost during a walk with their human. How many trappers would contact the owner of a dog killed in one of their traps? It would be bad for business.

Animals in the wild spend all their time foraging or hunting to survive. Killers with guns have too much leisure time, so they kill time and wild animals.

A perennial excuse for taking the lives of wild creatures is that they kill ungulates such as deer or moose, which are also prey animals for humans.

Killers always find excuses to rationalize their addiction to destroying life. Killing gives them satisfaction nothing else can match.

In springtime, wild animals are more vulnerable, having lost weight through the hardship of winter and some have young to nurse. However, three hunting clubs in B.C., lacking any sense of fairness or morality, are offering prizes to encourage hunters to "whack" wolves, bears, coyotes and even raccoons.

Killing wildlife for fun is ugly, and if ever there was a barbaric cultural practice, whacking, or shooting down wildlife during nature's rebirth has to take the prize.

There is an article online called "5 Ways to Stop the Killing." Written by Hope Ferdowsian and posted in October 2015, the five steps make sense if you are appealing to a compassionate person with an ability to empathize with non-human animals. The five steps will not work to reform a person who is devoid of empathy, and imagination.
    Only laws can help stop such a person (poaching ignores the law).

While students in Kelowna demonstrated their concern over climate change, hunters remain in a Stone-Age time warp, terrifying and killing animals with 21st century weapons. Unlike other animals, hunters are not an endangered life form. Guns protect them.

What most people don't realize is that wolves practise birth control when food is hard to find. Humans are not as smart as wolves in that respect. We continue to reproduce in the face of famine and we love to tinker with nature to bend it to our wants – gloating over the corpse of a trophy animal is one such want.

Governments have the power to end hunting. It would be the responsible thing to do, given that links between violence against people and animals is clear.

Helen Schiele, Kelowna
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Helen isn't alone in her thinking... there are many running around with missing marbles...
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Genisis 9.3

Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And tas I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole