https://www.castanet.net/news/Letter...to-end-hunting

Hey Guys,
    Joint effort in formulating a response to the oblivious
    and thoroughly brain dead individual?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: This is just sad..

"Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

I messaged her on facebook and asked if she'd be interested in a conversation about hunting. Sometimes people form an opinion without access to experience

Direct conflict with this kind of whack job gets no where

The best response for these people is do not engage or acknowledge them but instead provide educational PR about hunting and conservation efforts being put forward by the hunting community. It also does not hurt to talk about BC pedator issue touching base on there impact on species like caribou, there impact on pets/livestock, and how do to the fact presently high predator numbers are causing them to encroach on rural areas and towns/cities increasing the odds of direct conflict with people

You do not want to directly engage her article but instead make it seem of no importance and nothing but a rambling fool. Basically educate the public on present issues and the efforts the hunting community is doing to help wildlife. $ figures and number of volunteers for projects add some punch

Again don’t directly bring attention to her and let her fade. Focus on promoting the positives and drown out her ramblings by catching the Interest of a higher number of people

I will be formulating a letter later today.
    Got a crap load of landscaping to do today...
    I’ll post it here before publishing it for feedback and
    input.

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth204 View Post
    I messaged her on facebook and asked if she'd be interested in a conversation about hunting. Sometimes people form an opinion without access to experience
    Funny thing....this anti hunting thing is run as a business and there are paid employee's like any other business, then there are unsuspecting volunteers who dont know what they are talking about, like the author of this drival. People listen and believe it, her mind could be changed with an honest and factual discussion.

Only time did I ever had someone stand up and .....in my face call me down for being a hunter, and I was also a logger, so this guy was hyper-ventilating upon his discovery...fast forward 20 years and I find out with some amusement that he now hunts, I was shocked to see the ultimate hypocrite doing what he protested, he wanted to know where his meat supply came from....he just needed the facts presented to him for an informed choice.

See....people are easily brainwashed as history shows repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by jan.wi97 View Post
    I will be formulating a letter later today.
    Got a crap load of landscaping to do today...
    I’ll post it here before publishing it for feedback and
    input.
    Smart.......

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Direct conflict with this kind of whack job gets no where

The best response for these people is do not engage or acknowledge them but instead provide educational PR about hunting and conservation efforts being put forward by the hunting community. It also does not hurt to talk about BC pedator issue touching base on there impact on species like caribou, there impact on pets/livestock, and how do to the fact presently high predator numbers are causing them to encroach on rural areas and towns/cities increasing the odds of direct conflict with people

You do not want to directly engage her article but instead make it seem of no importance and nothing but a rambling fool. Basically educate the public on present issues and the efforts the hunting community is doing to help wildlife. $ figures and number of volunteers for projects add some punch

Again don’t directly bring attention to her and let her fade. Focus on promoting the positives and drown out her ramblings by catching the Interest of a higher number of people
    This is exactly how these people should be dealt with - the anti's are not going to change, but educating the numerous uninformed general public that aren't aware of the issues is the best chance to keep the hunting heritage alive and strong.

Since this is coming out of Kelowna maybe get in contact with the BCWF and ask them if they would support and provide information to write an article about the MD study in the OK. Use the article as a method of education and a way to reach out for public support to generate funding to provide opportunities for future studies to give BCs biologists more in-depth information to better manage our wildlife/habitat they live in

Don’t hurt if you can create good PR, awareness, and possibly some support for Wildlife issues

Main thing contact those involved in the project first so it is an educated article with their support

Stunned cnut