Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BC Residential Credential

BC Residential Credential

Every three years your B.C. resident credential will expire in the electronic hunting system. Having an expired B.C. resident credential makes you ineligible to apply for and be issued Licenses, permits and authorization available to residents only until you renew your credential.
    So if you wait to buy your licence and put in for draws before finding this out, you are not eligible to win any draws. They still take your money.
    It says on your profile online what your status is. Same place you enter for LEH draws. Scan 2 pieces of picture ID and send it in and wait for the update.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BC Residential Credential

I got the reminder in the mail with my game questions there is more things a persons got to do to keep on top of the law ..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Thanks for the reminder.
    Certainly seems to be a way to reduce the number of hunters
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Thumbs down Re: BC Residential Credential

Simply more Big Brother Bullshit. Brought to you by the laziest government you could imagine.
    It is damned easy to tie the FWID program in with Driver's License data bases, and none of this crap would be required.
    Nope, simply have to toss more administrative barriers our way just cause they can. Idjuts.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    ... Scan 2 pieces of picture ID and send it in and wait for the update.
    Mine was set to expire last month. No notice was given whatsoever, and if I had not read it on here, I would not have know it had expired. Complete load of horse-pucky if you ask me.

Only need to scan your Driver's License and send that in.
    Did so, was approved within minutes, but still an annoyance and not all of that over the way they sneak this one in...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Mine is set for this coming Nov. Seriously in today's age of computers how hard would it be to link BCDL, BCID, BCMed and hunting and fishing licenses together so they all expire on your Birthday every 5 yrs.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I don't know where my head was at - just thought I was immune I guess. Saw the notice with the questionnaire and blew it off, read it on here and blew it off but just checked and I was expired. Poorly executed for sure - easy check and highly recommend everyone does check it, but what total BS (as everyone else has already said). While writing this, I decided to email in and complain (offer suggestions on improvement ) and my email was kicked back indicating an error occurred - you just can't win can you?
    Tick tock, tick tock...waiting for hunting season...

More f**king BS from some stupid civil servant....f'em, time to start identifying as a keeper of the land!

HOLY FAK!!!!! I just tried again because I'm pissed about this and BAM, email kicked back again. FAK! So I try once more, spending a bit more time getting the wording just right and closed the page by accident. FFAAAKKK! If I wasn't stuck at work, I'd go look for a coyote and do some BLASTING!!! I even consider myself somewhat techy - LAME.
    Tick tock, tick tock...waiting for hunting season...

Government integration this stuff should be simple, but it took decades to get your CareCard linked to your BCDL.

Still, reaffirming residency is a good thing in my opinion. There have been many stories on here about foreigners that own houses in BC hunting as residents, this may help weed them out.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I think its a simple Privacy issue ...You have to consent for one govt dept to cross reference to another for your info..This Privacy right is a two headed coin..Its protects you and it costs our system money ...due to inefficiencies...Guess we can't have our cake and eat it too....Dennis