Thread: Ernie Ross' Crab Recipe

Thumbs up Ernie Ross' Crab Recipe

This is one Ernie came up with while I was wandering around with him on the troller the Royal Quest.
    Had another load of crabs to deal with, and fondly recalled this one.
    So, we set about to Make It So...

Ernie's Crab Recipe

Clean crab as per usual.

Chop up a decent handful of fresh garlic cloves

In a large skillet, add two tablespoons each of Sesame and Olive Oil, and warm to medium heat. Dump the crabs in on the oil, and use a barbee brush to ensure each piece is well coated. Toss in the chopped up garlic cloves, a squeeze or two of fresh lime, and about 1/2 a cup of good white wine.

Cover, and bring the heat up to 3/4 throttle. Only let the crabs steam in this for about 4 - 5 minutes, then remove the crabs to a lidded casserole dish.

Render the juice down on high heat, then toss about a cup of Thai Sweet Chili sauce in with it. Heat until quite thick, then toss the crabs back in for another 5 minutes, ensuring each piece gets well coated.

Continued...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Thumbs up Re: Ernie Ross' Crab Recipe

Remove to casserole dish, and let sit for 5 minutes while you get everything else on the table.
    Remove lid and serve.

No Butter required! Somehow the flavors actually penetrate the shell quite nicely, leaving a very wonderful tasting meat inside! 'Tis a tad messy, so have lots of paper towels on hand!

In this case we slathered some of the juice from the pan over a fine white Basmati rice, accompanied by a great Caesar salad, and of course the mandatory beeno.

Great way to try something just a little different for crabs, and overall excellent!

Many Thanks Mr. Ross!!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Ernie Ross' Crab Recipe

Yup, I'll be doing that one. Thanks.

Looks even better over here Nog. LOL

Wow that’s looks good!