Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Crossbows Threatening the Tradition of Bowhunting?

Re: Are Crossbows Threatening the Tradition of Bowhunting?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverBear View Post
    I feel archery season should be for archers the ones that put there time in to become accurate with there weapon not just sight it in and pick it up the day before season. Take it how you want.
    So should rifle season be open to those who shoot 500 rounds a year but not the guy who does not even sight in his gun preseason?

Your rationale is whacked
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Can someone please explain why there seems to be such a division among the three main bowhunting types? Traditional, compound and crossbow? I don't understand why the arguement seems to pop up now and then, or why some seem to be so protective of their chosen, path I guess you could say?

I do wonder if the rational of some in this thread is perviating leadership in those who are supposed to be representing hunters in BC, if so, then thats a problem. If its legal whats the big deal, or are some trying to say it should be illegal?

Thumbs down Re: Are Crossbows Threatening the Tradition of Bowhunting?

What a load of horse shit.
    The author of the article posted ends up saying "I’m as tired of hunter infighting as anyone."
    After making the case, and then furthering it immediately after with EXACTLY that - divisionist, infighting tactics.
    I have ZERO use for such "writers" expressing their "opinions" (and we all know about that right?) in such an obviously self serving manner.
    Much the same IMO can be said for the original poster who backs these opinions with his with repeated drivel.

Two words. You likely know what they are...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Anti-hunting groups must just love these topics.

Making the assumption that all crossbow hunters are lazy, opportunistic, unethical hunters is no more reasonable than anti's
    claiming firearms owners are criminals and all guns should be made illegal.
    BINGO.
    And I will be spreading this Idjuts opinions far and wide.
    Wonder how much Field & Stream is going to enjoy both the drops in sales, and the counter-posts directly to themselves.
    As Gate noted, this is simply one fool's whine about what another person is using to hunt.
    Totally divisionist. Totally Dishonest. Totally Self Serving. Total ASSHOLE IMHO.

And btw Brez, yeah, I WAS on the front lines fighting for specific bow / primitive weapons seasons. For years upon years.
    Doing so certainly doesn't make make me, you, nor anyone else any more special nor more "entitled" than anyone else. Period.
    A crossbow tosses an arrow.
    Get over it.

You want to know what I really think, keep harping on this bullshit.

Ticked,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    So should rifle season be open to those who shoot 500 rounds a year but not the guy who does not even sight in his gun preseason?

Your rationale is whacked
    The guy who doesn't sight in his gun should have his right to go hunting taken away.
    Toelke Whip TD 66" #42
    Joe Ryan XRD 62" #45
    45-70, 375 Ruger, 303 British, 30-06,
    30-30, 22 LR, 17 HMR

Quote Originally Posted by RiverBear View Post
    The guy who doesn't sight in his gun should have his right to go hunting taken away.
    That's quite the statement.

So because I have to work 80+ hours a week to support my kids, one of whom has medical issues, and thereby I have minimal, if any, time at the range (so really don't have time to sight in my rifle), but am fortunate to find a way to get out hunting a few weekends a year....I should have my right to go hunting taken away???

That is ****ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    That's quite the statement.

So because I have to work 80+ hours a week to support my kids, one of whom has medical issues, and thereby I have minimal, if any, time at the range (so really don't have time to sight in my rifle), but am fortunate to find a way to get out hunting a few weekends a year....I should have my right to go hunting taken away???

That is ****ed up.
    Did you really just say you go out hunting without knowing your bullet is going where you're pointing it?

Do you really not check your rifle?

It takes 2 seconds. You can do it while on your hunting trip.

Ok fair enough.....sight in my rifle? yes. Have the same amount of time to spend "practicing" as someone who shoots a long bow? Likely not..

There should be government run qualifying days at local ranges. If you can't get a 1" group at 100 yards - no licence. (after providing proof of residency and agreeing to not shoot wolves of course)
    When in doubt, just pin it.