Thread: Long range rangefinder advice

Long range rangefinder advice

Looking at purchasing a new long range rangefinder and wanted advice and or reviews from those of you who have experience in this field on what is currently on the market . What are your thoughts on Nikon 3000 , Sig Sauer kilo 2200 bdx , Leica crf 2400 r , etc. Is there one that stands out from the others and what is the best for the money?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Long range rangefinder advice

I have tested the Nikon black and the Leica. Nikon black was super quick but I have only tested it upto 800 yards. for the price its hard to beat. I know the Nikon black is not among the ones u listed but check it out.

Sig Sauer BDX 2200 is a great rangefinder at an affordable price point, the Sig Sauer Kilo 2400ABS has some added range and features. The Gunwerks G7 BR2500 is the goods if you want the best option possible within a reasonable price range.

sig bdx is awesome. I've had a few rangefinders and this one surpasses them by far
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

The leicas work well and at $700 for the 2400 its a decent buy

Leica is great. Quick and clear acquisition with temperature, pressure, angle and elevation. What's not to like!

Have you looked at the Sig Kilo 2400 ABS? I have ranged a rock cliff at 2975 yards with mine. The auto brightness feature on the Kilo's is fantastic too
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Thanks for the feedback . I haven't had a chance to physically compare the different models yet , so looking forward to doing this . The ABS is a little out of my price range right now but it sure looks sweet . I think It'll come down to one of the 3 mentioned above ( Nikon , Sig or Leica ) . Has anyone had a chance to do comparisons in the field and if so , what are the pro's and cons?