Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribou Recovery Enguagement

Re: Caribou Recovery Enguagement

I attended a meeting on March 28, 2018 essentially to start a working group regarding Central Group Caribou Recovery. Over 30 people attended. The intent was to form a working group using a Structured Decision Making process to look at various options for recovery. A broad cross section of the area attended: provincial government (FLINROD), MLA, Oil and Gas Commission, several local mayors, Minisrty of Energy and Mines, several forest licenses, BC Snowmobile Federation, Mining Association of BC, ATV club, hunters, guide outfitter, BC Timber Sales, etc. The government did not follow through with this process, that has eventully lead to all the negative reaction to the current caribou engagement, which in my opinion they rightfully deserve.

INVITATION FOR INFORMATION SESSION

Working towards a new caribou Recovery Implementation Plan for the south Peace
    The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development (FLNRORD) is
    developing an engagement process to explore management scenarios for recovering caribou herds in the
    South Peace region. We invite you to participate in an information session scheduled for Wednesday,
    March 28th at the B.C. Oil & Gas Commission office in Fort St John. The information meeting will
    provide an opportunity for you to ask questions and share perspectives to help finalize the process before
    it kicks off in spring 2018.
    The proposed engagement process involves bringing together a multi-party consultative committee of 20
    to 25 individuals representing a variety of interests to review and analyze what options are available to
    support caribou recovery under different scenarios. The Committee will be tasked with making
    recommendations to Government that will be considered for inclusion in a comprehensive plan for the
    Central Group. This plan is intended to replace the 2013 Implementation Plan for the Ongoing
    Management of South Peace Northern Caribou (also known as the “Peace Northern Caribou Plan” or
    “PNCP”).
    The proposed engagement process will follow the principles and steps of Structured Decision-Making
    (SDM). SDM offers a structured methodology for a multi-party committee to quantify, qualify and
    analyze the impacts of various management scenarios. FLNRORD is applying SDM to caribou recovery
    planning throughout the province, with this Northeast opportunity as the pilot process.
    The purpose of the information session is to provide an overview of the SDM process and what would be
    required for participation. The meeting will provide an opportunity to share concerns and ideas about the
    process and discuss who would be best suited to serve on the Committee.

South Peace Caribou Recovery Structured-Decision Making Information Session
    Date: Wednesday, March 28th 2018
    Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
    Location: B.C. Oil & Gas Commission (6534 Airport Rd, Fort St John)

After the meeting inn FSJ, it just confirmed my thoughts that this has nothing to do with Caribou and everything to do with UNDRIP

This is all about reconciliation and they are using the iconic caribou as a smoke and mirrors magic act.

The West Moberly Band has no plans to log their Woodland Lic., Saulteau, who packed up and moved from Manitoba to settle on the shores on Moberly lake only hunted caribou when they were starving, it is not nor was never their main food source.

This whole thing is about taking Treaty 8 bands and giving them what they want.....land, resources and money. The dams are planning a big part in these deal as well, Loss of traditional land, burial sites, water, resources etc. are all factors that are being avoided in the caribou discussion.

Just wait until the Blueberry, Halfway, Doig, Prophet Riover and Fort Nelson bands get their "caribou" agreements. My guess is we can kiss good buy all of the eastern slope of the Rockies for any recreational activities, unless you pay up.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    After the meeting inn FSJ, it just confirmed my thoughts that this has nothing to do with Caribou and everything to do with UNDRIP

This is all about reconciliation and they are using the iconic caribou as a smoke and mirrors magic act.

The West Moberly Band has no plans to log their Woodland Lic., Saulteau, who packed up and moved from Manitoba to settle on the shores on Moberly lake only hunted caribou when they were starving, it is not nor was never their main food source.

This whole thing is about taking Treaty 8 bands and giving them what they want.....land, resources and money. The dams are planning a big part in these deal as well, Loss of traditional land, burial sites, water, resources etc. are all factors that are being avoided in the caribou discussion.

Just wait until the Blueberry, Halfway, Doig, Prophet Riover and Fort Nelson bands get their "caribou" agreements. My guess is we can kiss good buy all of the eastern slope of the Rockies for any recreational activities, unless you pay up.

Cheers

SS
    Everything you say is true, I have alot of respect for your thoughts.

I’ve always said , have fun buying tags from the FN.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

500 dead wolves vs. 500 lost jobs: Town balks at potential cost of saving caribou in northeastern B.C.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...mbia-1.5087317
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

So high moose numbers are to blame for caribou declining. Odd they are saying industry is causing moose numbers to increase yet moose numbers are declining. The reality funny part is industry is also blamed when you hear talk of moose numbers are declining.

Now what is really going on here because when you get contradictions like this it one of 2 reasons. Someone does not know WTF they are talking about and is just throwing out BS answers to a problem they can’t figure out or someone is using a known issue as an excuse to push something through

Either way I am smelling BS and Sitkaspruce might be into something or at min possibly joint cooperation to benefit 2 agendas

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post

Cheers

SS
    THIS!!

Was interesting to see the policy advisor from West Moberly on stage with other panel members in Dawson Creek.
    When asked of these discussion/ info meetings, and of the process over all in regards to caribou recovery, responded quite non-chalantly, almost bored by saying the 3 levels of government that is required to be involved are! Provincial/ Federal, West Moberly, and Salteau was all that is required...and all that is happening!
    Almost could hear him saying, "f$%k you, and f&% off....thanks for coming!"
    Last edited by whitetailsheds; 04-06-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    So high moose numbers are to blame for caribou declining. Odd they are saying industry is causing moose numbers to increase yet moose numbers are declining. The reality funny part is industry is also blamed when you hear talk of moose numbers are declining.

Now what is really going on here because when you get contradictions like this it one of 2 reasons. Someone does not know WTF they are talking about and is just throwing out BS answers to a problem they can’t figure out or someone is using a known issue as an excuse to push something through

Either way I am smelling BS and Sitkaspruce might be into something or at min possibly joint cooperation to benefit 2 agendas
    The way I read it. They aren't claiming logging (in general) creates more moose (in general). They are saying clear cutting old growths allow moose to move in (creating a higher moose density in that specific area, that wasn't moose habitat in prior years).

So you could say both things. Without contradicting yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    The way I read it. They aren't claiming logging (in general) creates more moose (in general). They are saying clear cutting old growths allow moose to move in (creating a higher moose density in that specific area, that wasn't moose habitat in prior years).

So you could say both things. Without contradicting yourself.
    Your trying too hard to give them credit here lol

Quote Originally Posted by whitetailsheds View Post
    THIS!!

Was interesting to see the policy advisor from West Moberly on stage with other panel members in Dawson Creek.
    When asked of these discussion/ info meetings, and of the process over all in regards to caribou recovery, responded quite non-chalantly, almost bored by saying the 3 levels of government that is required to be involved are! Provincial/ Federal, West Moberly, and Salteau was all that is required...and all that is happening!
    Almost could hear him saying, "f$%k you, and f&% off....thanks for coming!"
    That's the same opinion of the Dawson cr meeting that my bro-inlaw came away with ....