Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower mainland pigeon source

Re: Lower mainland pigeon source

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    i will be raising pheasant,chukar,hungarian and bob whites shortley...and merriams. trying to find some california leagally...no pigeon for me however may due doves.
    Oh, nice! Pls send me a message when they're ready. I'd love to grab some to train with.
    Those quail are beautiful birds

Like Ron C said build a trap, find a source, most places are happy to get rid of the rats. I have been trapping training birds for decades. Like most "hunting" it takes a bit of scouting and door knocking but it is worth it. Once you have a few sources it is easy to get birds when you want them.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

FWIW, art knapps in Surrey no longer sells bird's-pigeon or otherwise-I just called them.
    Last edited by ab3; 03-24-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Fraser Valley Auction on 56th. Saturday mornings.
    Where I walk, everything appears in grey...Loosen all hope, you who confronts me!

In case some one searches this.... contact a farmer... dairy farmers are the best. Ask them if you can trap/net your own pigeons.

I personally take a fishing net, go after dark so the birds are on the roost, and net what I want/need.

I can share the how to part too but thought I would start here.

My next task is to research if I can sell my bi-catch.... extras I do't need/don't use... or if I can, I would just spend a few extra minutes to catch a couple extra.