Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower mainland pigeon source

Lower mainland pigeon source

Does anyone know of a place to get pigeons (or any game birds for that matter) for dog training? I am looking for somewhere in the Vancouver area.
    I did see a Craigslist ad for some in East Van but the ad seems to have disappeared. Probably due to harassment from the non hunting crowd lol.
    Secondary plan is to take my fishing net to the local park...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lower mainland pigeon source

I’m pretty sure arts nursery on king George has them, I know they sell chickens,ducks, peacock and occasionally pheasants.

Quote Originally Posted by ab3 View Post
    Does anyone know of a place to get pigeons (or any game birds for that matter) for dog training? I am looking for somewhere in the Vancouver area.
    I did see a Craigslist ad for some in East Van but the ad seems to have disappeared. Probably due to harassment from the non hunting crowd lol.
    Secondary plan is to take my fishing net to the local park...
    Not sure about Van, but I had the same dilemma here on the island. So I built a trap, talked to a local feed store and the were happy to let me catch a few. I believe it was Foxton Gundogs who posted a link in my thread on how to make one.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?145626-Introduing-Cedarbraes-Miss-Buck-Finn-quot-AKA-Jessie-quot/page3

https://youtu.be/qk1W7OqTdgY

Last edited by Ron.C; 03-20-2019 at 05:58 PM.

I was buying a bunch from a dairy farm in Abbotsford about 5 years ago. His kid was catching them and selling them to me for $4 a piece. Try calling around to some of the farms. I remember the kid telling me the birds would come down to feed on the grain before sun up because the lights were on in the barn, he would flick the lights off and then just net them off the ground.

I need to get some scrubs, as well, just for shooting purposes. If I could have a coop I'd raise some homers just to plant them for pointing practice but the strata won't let me.

Langley livestock auction on 56th St. Usually Sunday mornings.
    WSSBC Life Member
    CCFR

Originally PM'd from stixnstones:
    "wheres your pics of this deer? if he is a good one. i will pay u to tell me where he lives? cash for christmas. let me know. thanks"

How many do you want and what are you willing to pay ?
    I might be willing to catch a few at the neighbors just for fun with my kids....

Never mind...
    Last edited by limit time; 03-20-2019 at 10:15 PM.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    How many do you want and what are you willing to pay ?
    I might be willing to catch a few at the neighbors just for fun with my kids....
    Sent you a PM. thanks

The traps are an interesting idea. I'll have to have a look. I also managed to find the Craigslist ad for pigeons for sale in East Van.
    Good that you can also get them at Surrey Art Knapps. Who knew!

i will be raising pheasant,chukar,hungarian and bob whites shortley...and merriams. trying to find some california leagally...no pigeon for me however may due doves.