Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WSSBC SPENCES BRIDGE Sheep Count

Re: WSSBC SPENCES BRIDGE Sheep Count

I went last year and took my oldest boy along. He was 9 years old. We had a great time father and son bonding. He talks about it all the time and I don't know how many times he's asked me if we can do it again. He wears his WSSBC hat that he got for participating, every day. Alas, we can't make it this year, but hopefully next year. It's a long drive from Golden, but it's a great way to get out and do something good for conservation.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    I went last year and took my oldest boy along. He was 9 years old. We had a great time father and son bonding. He talks about it all the time and I don't know how many times he's asked me if we can do it again. He wears his WSSBC hat that he got for participating, every day. Alas, we can't make it this year, but hopefully next year. It's a long drive from Golden, but it's a great way to get out and do something good for conservation.
    Awesome, I'm taking my 9 year old up this year...went over the classification sheet with him last weekend and watched some sheep videos with him for practice, he's getting excited!
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

It was a great turnout . . . . wives, kids, dogs, old friends, and new friends.

WOW ! Biggest Turn out I Ever Seen at a Sheep Count ! Everything ACE said ! and also BQ ed Burgers and Moose Sausage ! Some real Nice Draw Prizes from SITKA too ! Great day ! Seen a Few sheep too ! RJ

I went over Saturday morning and unfortunately I didn't stick around for the after count get together. Our zone had a grand total of ZERO sheep but we managed to count 32 in the one behind us. It was a great day!
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Had a great time, a huge turnout, went up Friday afternoon and spent the night at the Rec Site with Brew and his daughter Halle and BlockCaver showed up, had a fire roasted some marshmallows,

Myself, Brew& Halle, Luka77 and his son, BlockCaver and RemingtonJim and Charlie_Horse were in area 7 seen 4 ewes, snuck down into the area below us and seen a few more, eagle eyes BighornBob & Caveman spotted a few rams in our area closer to lunch, one of the highlights of the day was spotting a totally blonde backbear, it was an amazing animal to see.

Went back around 1:30 for a bbq and a great draw for some Sitka Gear, Crispi Boots and tons of WSS of B.C. Hats and clothing, Reliable sports was there showing off some awesome inventory, got to see a lot of HBC members there, Always great to see ACE and have a visit with Mrs Gunner

Many thanks to Peter & Naomi from the WSS of B.C. for organizing and looking after us.
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 04-08-2019 at 09:49 AM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Had a great time, a huge turnout, went up Friday afternoon and spent the night at the Rec Site with Brew and his daughter Halle and BlockCaver showed up, had a fire roasted some marshmallows,

Myself, Brew& Halle, Luka77 and his son, BlockCaver and RemingtonJim and Kyle were in area 7 seen 4 ewes, snuck down into the area below us and seen a few more, eagle eyes BighornBob & Caveman spotted a few rams in our area closer to lunch, one of the highlights of the day was spotting a totally blonde backbear, it was an amazing animal to see.

went back around 1:30 for a bbq and a great draw for some Sitka Gear, Crispi Boots and tons of WSS of B.C. Hats and clothing, Reliable sports was there showing off some awesome inventory, got to see a lot of HBC members there, Always great to see ACE and have a visit with Mrs Gunner

Many thanks to Peter & Naomi from the WSS of B.C. for organizing and looking after us.
    It was a great day, met few people from forum, my son had incredible time, and next year I think we'll camp and spend a day there. Drive from Burnaby and back in the same day after getting up at 2am to make it on time was a bit exhausting. BBQ was great, for the first time ever I tried cougar sausage and it was great. Many thanks to organizers and Brad for working on BBQ and for getting that cougar.

Thanks to Sitka Gear for being a major sponsor to WSS BC and donating some great items to the draw Saturday....especially the Timberline jacket that I was so fortunate to win!

Another great event put on by WSSBC! In some of my favorite areas this province has to offer.

Second year in area 5 and was great hanging out at the Goldpan camp site and getting to meet many new and great people.

Worst part about it is the wait of another year until we get to do it all over again
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Thanks WSSBC and Sitka for the great weekend as well as Reliable for donating some goodies. My daughter and I had a great time. Its always fun hanging out with Weatherby Fan, Remington Jim, Blockcaver and Kyle(cant remember your HBC handle). Luca77 and his son were a great addition to our crew this year and it was a pleasure meeting you guys. It was great seeing a good show of women and children camping out as well. I have a feeling it will be even bigger again next year.

Now if we could only silence those bloody trains LOL
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member