Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WSSBC SPENCES BRIDGE Sheep Count

Re: WSSBC SPENCES BRIDGE Sheep Count

awesome day again this year. wish i could have stuck around for the raffle. not a tonne of sheep in our zone and wicked blonde bear who I might go try and make a play on. and brew I'm Kyle haha

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_horse View Post
    awesome day again this year. wish i could have stuck around for the raffle. not a tonne of sheep in our zone and wicked blonde bear who I might go try and make a play on. and brew I'm Kyle haha
    Sorry Kyle I couldn't remember your HBC name either.....but heck I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

A great picture of the people donating their time for the preservation of Wild Sheep in BC at the Spences Bridge Sheep Count

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    Thanks WSSBC and Sitka for the great weekend as well as Reliable for donating some goodies. My daughter and I had a great time. Its always fun hanging out with Weatherby Fan, Remington Jim, Blockcaver and Kyle(cant remember your HBC handle). Luca77 and his son were a great addition to our crew this year and it was a pleasure meeting you guys. It was great seeing a good show of women and children camping out as well. I have a feeling it will be even bigger again next year.

Now if we could only silence those bloody trains LOL
    A great picture of Brew teaching the kids how to glass......

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post

Myself, Brew& Halle, Luka77 and his son, BlockCaver and RemingtonJim and Charlie_Horse were in area 7 seen 4 ewes, snuck down into the area below us and seen a few more, eagle eyes BighornBob & Caveman spotted a few rams in our area closer to lunch, one of the highlights of the day was spotting a totally blonde backbear, it was an amazing animal to see.

Haha. Cant take credit for spotting the rams, that was Naomi and Peter.

Gone are the days that 20-30 would meet at the gas station and hand out maps and go for a beer and burger at the pub at the end of the day. Was shocked to see how many people camped out Friday Night.

As others have mentioned it was a great day. Met a few new people who I recognized from the sheep society but never knew their handles here. Hats off to the people (Peter and Naomi, Im sure there was a bunch more) who put this together to make it a great day.

As Blockcaver said, winning a Sitka Timberline jacket was the cherry on top of a great day. Hats off to Sitka for sponsoring the Wild Sheep Society.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    Haha. Cant take credit for spotting the rams, that was Naomi and Peter.

Gone are the days that 20-30 would meet at the gas station and hand out maps and go for a beer and burger at the pub at the end of the day. Was shocked to see how many people camped out Friday Night.

As others have mentioned it was a great day. Met a few new people who I recognized from the sheep society but never knew their handles here. Hats off to the people (Peter and Naomi, Im sure there was a bunch more) who put this together to make it a great day.

As Blockcaver said, winning a Sitka Timberline jacket was the cherry on top of a great day. Hats off to Sitka for sponsoring the Wild Sheep Society.

BHB
    You three have forgot more than Ill ever know about Hunting Sheep.....Respectfully..

Blockcaver, Bighornbob and Caveman working over the optics !

How many sheep spotted?

My son and I had a great time, good to finally put faces to some of the names I see on here and spend some time around the campfire with good company...what an awesome community. Big thank you to the WSS for putting it on and to Sitka for the jacket my son took home, we'll be back next year for sure with some earplugs for that damn train!
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by sillybear View Post
    How many sheep spotted?
    Approximately 150, iirc about 40 Rams of various ages and the rest Lambs and Ewes, if someone has a more accurate count please post.

Quote Originally Posted by 45freezer View Post
    we'll be back next year for sure with some earplugs for that damn train!
    Amateur Spend a couple days in the fall there and one gets used to it. Just means you will be looking for rams in the morning. I'm a light sleeper and what gets me is the head light from the train. Theres been more then once that i have jumped out of bed thinking somehow the truck and camper were parked on the tracks with how bright that light is.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.