Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excalibur 440

Excalibur 440

I,m looking to buy a Excalibur 440 or the 420TD I'm wondering what one is better all round I would be hunting deer and moose.

2. Site Sponsor

Arrow Re: Excalibur 440

Damn tough to call as they both came out only this spring.
    It will be some time before anyone, even on Excalibur's own forum, has much of a chance to play with them and report back.

I love my Matrix 380.
    But I must admit that 440 is somewhat enticing.
    Will let those that can play with it a bit, and when the price gets reasonable... maybe...

Cheers & Good Luck with your decision!
    Regardless of which you choose, I would love to hear your report on it, and of course a hunt tale or two with pictures!!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Excalibur 440

thank you IronNoggin I will try to find some information on them.

Isn't the new 420 TD have a quick takedown feature which would be nice for storage and transport

Yes the 420 TD is the take down model.

Unless you are able to spit your Poop out you will likely not be able to cock these Xbows. That’s probably why they come with the charger device.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Do you cock the 440 the same as the 380, if so might be a bitch to cock. I would recommend seeing if you could find a 380, i have one, love it. I have shoot 2 moose with mine, both went down within 20 yards of the shot and also a handful of deer....
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Thumbs up Re: Excalibur 440

Piper does have a point here.
    Both these new models come with built in cranks to load the bow.
    Given what it takes me to load my 380, I would suggest that neither of these could be cocked by most with the standard rope cocker.

As for me, the 380 is all I'll ever need.
    Taken loads of deer, and I suspect when it eventually meets a moose or an elk, it will do just fine.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

If I could find a 380 new in the box I'd buy it,Do you know if the 400 can be cocked with a rope cocker . I guess I could go to Cabelas and try one and find out .

I bought a micro 355 earlier this year. The micro bows are narrower than the others. The limbs are somewhat stouter than the other others and have a shorter draw length. Nevertheless the cocking effort is substantial and coordinated. I am 5’9” and had to shorten the cocking aid rope about 3” as I was running out of arm length. The draw length is around 12”. A longer cocking stroke would be difficult in my situation
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"