Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kuiu jacket for North Island

Re: Kuiu jacket for North Island

Got my Yukon jacket and pants today. Both in XL.
    The jacket feels a little tight I could loose a few pounds, I tried it on over a Stanfield and my belly was the only tight spot and the pants feel long and loose, will allow me to layer up and still be flexible. Feels like some nice quality materials for sure.

You'll love it if you lose a couple pounds. I'm 6'2" and was 225 when I got my XL. Now at 215 it fits much nicer. I seriously love the jacket. Debating whether or not I need to buy the Guide jacket, I can't really think of a time the Yukon won't fit the bill.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I'm on Vancouver island also, found the arcteryx leaf alpha way better then my kuiu Yukon, lighter, more breathable, and didn't wet out anywhere like the Yukon did. It has stowable hood also and isn't any louder. Sold the Yukon.
    Theres no stitching at all in the leaf, and it's only one laminated layer with a welded seem, until you compare them both in your hands and wear both its hard to believe how much better the design is.

Quote Originally Posted by lwing View Post
    I'm on Vancouver island also, found the arcteryx leaf alpha way better then my kuiu Yukon, lighter, more breathable, and didn't wet out anywhere like the Yukon did. It has stowable hood also and isn't any louder. Sold the Yukon.
    Theres no stitching at all in the leaf, and it's only one laminated layer with a welded seem, until you compare them both in your hands and wear both its hard to believe how much better the design is.
    I would hope it's better. The price for a jacket is the same as I paid for a jacket and pants.