Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Binos

Re: New Binos

Oh yeah, and that Omer fellow in Quesnel at Aroma Foods is about the best guy to buy from in North America.

vortex fury

Quote Originally Posted by lwing View Post
    Buy once, cry once. Get a lifetime warranty.
    Pretty much every respectable manufacturer offers lifetime warranty nowadays. Get with the times.

And buy once cry once is the dumbest statement ever. I really wish people would stop using that. There are SO many good options out there for optics (and everything else) there is absolutely no need to buy things you really cant afford.

It's not like your options are $100 Bushnell and $3000 Swarovski.

There are perfectly good binoculars out there for even $500.

My next set will be either Zeiss or Swaro. I already know the Leicas won’t work for me, since I’ve already field tested a high end pair. Everyone’s eyes are different when they look through a set of binoculars.

The Leupolds I have right now look funny to me, looking at second growth trees at a distance. But other people looking through say that they are fine, just something in my head. Same as the Leicas for a different optical issue I have with the pair I tried.

^ three thousand dollar binoculars dont work for you?

That's like buying a Rolls-Royce and saying it doesnt drove for you

Are you sure you had them adjusted well and focused properly? Color reproduction aside, there is just NO way a pair of high end binoculars couldn't work for you, unless you had a funny shaped head with eyes either really close together or really far apart.

My guess you didn't have them focused properly.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Vortex Razor HD are light years ahead of zeiss conquest. This I've personally tested .... and likely better than anything Leica has in the sub 1500 range.
    and they come with the NEEDed Lifetime Warranty too ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    and they come with the NEEDed Lifetime Warranty too ! RJ
    Multiple stories and reports on here of swaro, zeiss and leica have handled their warranty claims.

Everything breaks at some point or another.

I like how people on here will debate about the minuscule differences between zeiss and swarovski and how you need dependable gear with good support and warranty that you wont use ..... but then they'll load up their beater truck they bought second hand with NO warranty and head hundreds of kilometers into the bush. Lol.

My most important piece of gear is my truck that can get my ass back to town.

Lol

Cant say I recommend spending $1500, either pony up the cash for non-vortex alpha glass or buy a set in the $500-$800 mark as there wont be much difference in quality in that price range. To get a noticeable increase in glass quality your going to have to spend more than $1500. You could also look for a used set of Swarovski ELs or SLCs in that price range.

Quote Originally Posted by DStewart View Post
    Well the time has come to start replacing my hunting gear that was recently stolen. Looking for a pair of 10x42 Binos. Not stuck on anything specific at this point.

I will be replacing a pair of leupold pro guide HD 8x42’s. I did enjoy them. Have been looking through past threads and ones that continue to come up are Zeiss Conquest, Leupolds, and potentially some of the more affordable swaros.

Trying to stay under the 1500 mark if possible. Any suggestions?
    Love my Vortex...warranty is superb. Watch Cabalas/Bass Pro as they do go on sale

I own some great glass. Spend as much as you can afford on it
    in the less expensive but still expensive I’d definitely look at some Brunton Epochs
    I have a set that I got a few years back and would take them anywhere without concern ��