Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Binos

Re: New Binos

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    I will agree that the glass is excellent but the quality control is sub par. Mine have been in to warranty twice in as many years.
    Razors in for repair twice?
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Have a Zeiss, but lower end.
    Some of the upper end ones are really nice.
    However, my buddy has a set of "Swarovski's" and to be honest, I think they are fantastic.
    If I could afford a pair, that's what I would get.

Best value in the mid to upper range are the Zeiss Conquest HD. I did side by sise comparisons with my Swarovski el and it was really hard to distinguish any difference especially for hunting

I just picked up a pair of Nikon HG 10x42 for $1300. Nice glass, haven't had a chance to field test them yet. Going to do a comparison with my buddies razors. Aron Snyder gave them a pretty good review, lots of info on the net about them. It was either them or the Maven B2's for me. Weight, cost and not having to get a new bino harness sold me on the HG's. Time will tell if I made the right choice.

Leica Trinovids is a good option in that price range

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Razors in for repair twice?
    Yes sir. Went in first for a faulty diopter ring and some odd color issues. The right lens was always showing a blue tinge and the left a red tinge. Had a few friends verify. They fixed the issues then when I got them back there was foreign matter in the right objective. A small black mark. Guess they didn't take time assessing them before they boxed them up and sent them out. So I sent them back. Now they are fine so far.

I have Leicas and picked some Vortex Razor HD 8x42 when WSS closed out. Very pleased with the Razors so far....not sure how you can go to wrong considering their warranty. Nice and light as well. Another thing......dont recommend putting any binos on the dash on the bumpy roads....I believe this can lead to problems.
    Last edited by northof49; 03-16-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Buy once, cry once. Get a lifetime warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sako81 View Post
    Omer is one of the best guys to deal with. Hands down! You won’t find the small company feel and customer service anywhere else. Not to mention the honest advice he gives!
    + 1 .. Omer is a great guy to deal with!

Quote Originally Posted by DStewart View Post
    Well the time has come to start replacing my hunting gear that was recently stolen. Looking for a pair of 10x42 Binos. Not stuck on anything specific at this point.

I will be replacing a pair of leupold pro guide HD 8x42’s. I did enjoy them. Have been looking through past threads and ones that continue to come up are Zeiss Conquest, Leupolds, and potentially some of the more affordable swaros.

Trying to stay under the 1500 mark if possible. Any suggestions?
    I hunted with an average pair of Bushnell's for years and then I looked through a friends Swaro's and I was ruined. From across a valley we could make out 4 elk and count tines on the bull, with the Bushnells I wasn't sure what I was looking at.

After this I started researching different glass. If you can I would suggest looking through the different brands you are considering at dawn or dusk across a valley or on a tree line. I did this with the Bushnell Fusion, Vortex (IIRC) Viper, Zeiss, and Swarovski EL's. As I looked across the valley (from the parking lot at Chilcoten Guns) into some guys yard across the other side. The fusions ranged the yard I was looking at about 1500 yards IIRC. In the yard was lawn and a grey blob. Through the Vortex I could make out that the grey blob might be a dog. Any way with the Swaro's I could tell it was a grey Scotty dog pinching a loaf. I have used the Leica's and didn't find them as bright and sharp as the Swaro. The Zeiss Victory is about a wash but I like the feel of the Swaro's better.

My point here is that your eyes and hands might favor the zeiss or leica over the Swaro. I have Swaro binoculars but a Leica spotting scope because I thought the Leica was sharper than the Swaro in spotting scopes. Go figure... Try to look through them all. You will never regret the money you spent.

The top end Swaro's and Zeiss are in a class of their own. Take your $1500, save for another year and buy the best - you will not regret it. I bought my Swaro's a few years ago and I still just love how clear and bright they are.