Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Binos

New Binos

Well the time has come to start replacing my hunting gear that was recently stolen. Looking for a pair of 10x42 Binos. Not stuck on anything specific at this point.

I will be replacing a pair of leupold pro guide HD 8x42’s. I did enjoy them. Have been looking through past threads and ones that continue to come up are Zeiss Conquest, Leupolds, and potentially some of the more affordable swaros.

Trying to stay under the 1500 mark if possible. Any suggestions?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Binos

Another one you could add to your list is the Leica Trinovid 10x42 HD.

Meopta 10x42 HD Awesome !
    Arctic Lake

i just picked up a Kowa spotting scope and it is amazing, there bino's look good as well. from the research ive done they are optically as good or better as the other top brands at a fraction of the price. might be worth looking into. i will likely be getting a pair of the Genesis i think there around $2000. if anyone has a pair id also love to hear what you think of these.

Quote Originally Posted by DStewart View Post
    Well the time has come to start replacing my hunting gear that was recently stolen. Looking for a pair of 10x42 Binos. Not stuck on anything specific at this point.

I will be replacing a pair of leupold pro guide HD 8x42’s. I did enjoy them. Have been looking through past threads and ones that continue to come up are Zeiss Conquest, Leupolds, and potentially some of the more affordable swaros.

Trying to stay under the 1500 mark if possible. Any suggestions?

A little out of your budget but such a good deal, Omer has some Leica geovid ranging binos for around $1700! They’re the older models but the new ones are over 4K.... I bought a pair from Omer and they’re awesome!

I really like my Zeiss Conquest 10x42, you can get those for under $1500. I bought my wife a pair of used Meopta 10x32 from a fine gentleman on this site, and they are very impressive for the price as well.

Anything better and you are jumping up to the big 3 premium glass for twice that price.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Another one you could add to your list is the Leica Trinovid 10x42 HD.
    These are outstanding binoculars, well worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Meopta 10x42 HD Awesome !
    Arctic Lake
    Meopta HD binos are also excellent, if you like a little lighter binoculars with excellent optics these are hard to beat, hard to find in Canada though.

Zeiss Conquest HD are also right there with the Leica Trinovids, exceptional glass for the money
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 03-15-2019 at 10:31 AM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

As stated above. Leica, zeiss in that price point. I have the Razor HDs and although I find the glass remarkable the overall quality is lacking. DO NOT want to start a Vortex bashing thread just my opinion. Stick to Leica or Zeiss I have never tried Meopta.

I have tried the Ziess Conquests and I have a Leica scope. Both excellent quality and glass.

Vortex Razor HD are light years ahead of zeiss conquest. This I've personally tested .... and likely better than anything Leica has in the sub 1500 range.

Zeiss Conquest is what I got. Awesome! Like sitting in a 3D movie, great color contrast and outstanding in low light. I love them. You can tell the high quality.