Thread: Fishing Sunshine Fresh/salt?

Fishing Sunshine Fresh/salt?

Howdy gang, The end of winter is near and I am planning a trip with my better halfs to the sunshine coast. Im looking for fishing advice as I have never travelled these parts and have spent most of my winter inside a dark ice hut.

April 20-30 (4 days in there) Powell river to Gibsons , no boat.
    Any fishing recommendations freshwater or saltwater? I will be staying at ruby lake for two nights most likely, So I will have fly and light spinning gear for cutts. Lure/fly patterns? gps location of cuttasauraus? Being near the ocean is there any chance of shore fishing for any saltwater species? I think all fish are pretty so Id take a good hole full of suckers or carp if thats all youd give up but will take all the gear I have just in case, putting the penn 50w and standup gear in the box......

Will be hiking lots with the lady and the dog so any hikes that I shoudnt miss?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing Sunshine Fresh/salt?

Fished the Pender Harbour area in June of last year (salt water). April probably too early for salmon. Bottom fish, possibly. There is a guide operating out of Pender Harbour, sorry don't recall the name. A charter would up your odds of success.

there are a number of resident sport fisherman on the Sunshine Coast who frequent the BC Sportfishing website. They were very helpful to us. May I suggest you check that site out if you haven't already done so.

Re: Fishing Sunshine Fresh/salt?

Nice hike into Secret Cove.