Last year I sent numerous letters and emails, with getting a few responses. This year I will be actually setting up time to go in and actually talk to my MLA.

I have never done this and I am assuming that you should stick to a few good points so they have a better time to remember what you came in for.

With all this talk on the forum about our declining wildlife, what few points would you bring up. Just thought of a few that first came to mind.

1. Dedicate all hunting license fees and taxes directly back to conservation ( I know this is apparently getting talked about more in the stakeholder engagement with Chris Hamilton, but I think it doesn’t hurt to keep pushing this)

2. Keep wildlife decisions based on science, and keep decisions out of politics ( sounds kinda funny how I’m asking a politician that)

3. Re clarify “deactivation” in the forest practice code of British Columbia, to mean full on deactivation. Present this discussion with google earth pics and some easy statistics and studies to show the damage it does , and push more for better forestry practices (like the other thread that is going on at the moment on this, I Beleive this is a big issue)

4. ?
5.?

I have lots more issues I could chat about but I would want to keep it small and focus on just a few.

Please help me me out with suggestions with mabey some better “concerns” and or just some experience talking to an MLA and anything I should do to make the best of my time.

Thanks