Thread: Got the RCMP called on me today

Got the RCMP called on me today

I was down at one of my spots today and apparently someone either saw me unloading my truck or sitting along the waterway. I doubt it was an early morning dog walker or jogger. It was sleeting.

I was hunting in a legal to hunt zone at the water's edge when I noticed two men in dark clothing wave at me from the edge of the bush near the access trail.

Oh.......COs, I thought, what do they want? Turned out to be two RCMP officers. They apologized for disturbing me and said they realized I was in an open to hunt area, but said they had a "Man with a gun" report and had to respond.

The looked at my PAL and hunting permits then we had a pleasant chat and they seemed impressed that I'd lugged 12 goose decoys down to the water's edge all the way from the access road. The snow was dotted with coyote tracks so they asked if I had a dog with me. Pretty pleasant encounter actually. My buddy had a similar encounter a couple years ago there.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Got the RCMP called on me today

Sounds good. Did you know if they took the time to inform the complainer that it was all legal? I think the ideal result is everyone is educated

Re: Got the RCMP called on me today

I had them called on me several times over the years between Richmond and pitt meadows . The cops were always pleasant to deal with and knew what was up.
    Train hard....hunt easy