Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People beware

People beware

Beware of West Country Canoes, in Alberta used to be on the Island. I ordered a canoe dec 2016 paid him $600.00 deposit supposed to be ready august 2017.
    Still have no canoe and he will not give my deposit back, told me ,You Will Never See your F;;;; ing money. So who ever is inclined for a wood canvas canoe stay clear of this guy. Steve!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: People beware

What’s the full story?

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    What’s the full story?
    I ordered the canoe as I said paid him he sent me a contract stating when it would me made august 2017, I phoned him in September 2017 and he told me he had been ill so I said thats ok when will it be finished and he told me a couple of weeks fine.
    I phoned him again a month later and said it would be another month. this went on all of 2017 and into 2018 every time I phoned he would say another couple of weeks, I was never rude to him at all and I gave him plenty of time between calls and did not harass him in any way.
    In may 2018 I phoned him and he said it would be ready in two weeks I said ok can you send me a picture of it in progress and he said no cant do that, I asked him if there was any canoe and thats when he got abusive to me and told me he would cancel my contract and send my money back, two months later I phoned him asked where my deposit was and he told me you will never see your f ing money and thats where we stand toadying 2019. Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by webley View Post
    Beware of West Country Canoes, in Alberta used to be on the Island. I ordered a canoe dec 2016 paid him $600.00 deposit supposed to be ready august 2017.
    Still have no canoe and he will not give my deposit back, told me ,You Will Never See your F;;;; ing money. So who ever is inclined for a wood canvas canoe stay clear of this guy. Steve!
    looks like you’re not the only one...

https://www.bbb.org/ca/ab/eckville/p...234/complaints

Deal with Clipper. Beautiful canoes, zero drama.

Quote Originally Posted by webley View Post
    I ordered the canoe as I said paid him he sent me a contract stating when it would me made august 2017, I phoned him in September 2017 and he told me he had been ill so I said thats ok when will it be finished and he told me a couple of weeks fine.
    I phoned him again a month later and said it would be another month. this went on all of 2017 and into 2018 every time I phoned he would say another couple of weeks, I was never rude to him at all and I gave him plenty of time between calls and did not harass him in any way.
    In may 2018 I phoned him and he said it would be ready in two weeks I said ok can you send me a picture of it in progress and he said no cant do that, I asked him if there was any canoe and thats when he got abusive to me and told me he would cancel my contract and send my money back, two months later I phoned him asked where my deposit was and he told me you will never see your f ing money and thats where we stand toadying 2019. Steve!
    Thanks, that really puts it in perspective! What a cockroach.

So what are you going to do about it?? You could file a small claims action against him, you could hunt him down and extract your deposit from him, OR?? What you gonna do besides post how you got scammed on here?

I am not sure what to do, I know what I would like to do but I am 71 years old and thats out. Any lawyers on here that can give advise. Steve!

How about we all copy the link to the BBB complaint and this thread and email it to him on his contact page?! =D
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

contact springer pretty sure he lives near there maybe he can go say hello.