Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Traviss

Re: Traviss

Using a VPN takes care of the
    entire IP Address issue and virtually everyone that
    does shady things online uses those.

I agree with Warnniklz, water mark your pictures.
    Makes them absolutely useless for anyone else
    and takes seconds to do.

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    Iv had IP addresses for this guy from both Ontario and B.C., from what Iv been told by the rcmp, IP’s can be fudged pretty easily and they can’t do anything with them. Iv had his phone numbers, emails, the e transfer I sent him, and others who’ve e transferred him, none of which is trackable, according to the local rcmp.
    I find it hard to believe they cannot track EMTs.....the banks should have that info on files.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Hey Mods can you guys see from the IP addresses if this idiot tries to come back...
    Short answer NO!! Long form! They can change their IP with two clicks of the mouse, so tracking them is near impossible at our level.

How do you get a new IP address?

Click Start->Run, type cmd and press Enter. Type ipconfig /release at the prompt window, press Enter, it will release the current IP configuration. Type ipconfig /renew at the prompt window, press Enter, wait for a while, the DHCP server will assign a new IP address for your computer.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    I find it hard to believe they cannot track EMTs.....the banks should have that info on files.
    I work for a credit union and yes EMT’s are traceable to a certain extent, the company at the very least can find out which institution the money was deposited at however it is a MASSIVE breach of privacy for them to give that info to you.

Don't even get me started with that stuff.
    I found once that I had a charge on my credit card to something I hadn't purchased on Amazon.
    I called, and Visa looked into it while on the phone.
    Here's the kicker!!!

I could either stop payment and have charges taken off "if" I cancelled my card.
    If I however wanted to start an "investigation", it meant I would have to pay the charge, wait til investigation happens,
    which would take 6 months (they said that), and who knows how many other charges would happen in the meantime!

The worst part, they could "see who was using my card"!!! (Amazon Account)
    Yet would not disclose it to me!!???

WTF???, it was my card # and my name they were using on another account.
    Canceled the card, but this meant whoever was "illegally" using my card....
    "Would NOT get Investigated"!!????

People like him is why when I'm selling a gun, I have ONE picture, hosted online, with the serial number edited out. If that's not enough for you to decide if you want to buy it, move on.

I was contacted as well but had just read the warning post. Thanks to those who flagged this for the rest of us, greatly appreciated.

hahhaaahha take to the police . some may remember a year ago my camper was stolen from edmonton .I found it for sale on facebook varage sale .
    reported to police , had to send copy of for sale for them to see and they asked if i could give them a name .. wtf..
    never did get it back . so much for the police they have speeders to catch not criminals . we have a legal system not a justice system .
    the more people i meet the better i like my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by birdee View Post
    hahhaaahha take to the police . some may remember a year ago my camper was stolen from edmonton .I found it for sale on facebook varage sale .
    reported to police , had to send copy of for sale for them to see and they asked if i could give them a name .. wtf..
    never did get it back . so much for the police they have speeders to catch not criminals . we have a legal system not a justice system .
    Pretty easy to lose faith when the police hired to protect and enforce laws don't see fit to investigate stolen property, fraud and illegal firearm acquisitions. While the police may believe these are petty crimes, try explain that Joe Scmuck that works his ass off to make a living only to lose his property to some lame, thieving prick and the only people that can help him chose not to. There are no other legal and practical ways to deal with this crap. So bloody wrong it's sickening.