Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New rule regarding buying and selling.

Re: New rule regarding buying and selling.

You realize there's people that live beyond Hope, right? Makes it pretty tough if you live in the North or interior.

Wouldn't it be more friendly to do a Feedback score like CGN has? I live in the middle of nowhere and it is hard to do face to face in Langley.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Wouldn't it be more friendly to do a Feedback score like CGN has? I live in the middle of nowhere and it is hard to do face to face in Langley.
    Yes it is ridiculous... face to face on the mainland is out of the question for those who live on Vancouver Island too...

it's not about being friendly for sure...
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Last edited by Gateholio; 03-12-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by guntech View Post
    Yes it is ridiculous... face to face on the mainland is out of the question for those who live on Vancouver Island too...

it's not about being friendly for sure...
    You among others were in negotiations with Traviss for items of all kinds, had I done nothing there would be a whole different set of threads about how we did nothing and long time members got ripped off. If a genuine person joins up and has to wait 3 months whats the big deal, rip off artists may no wait that long, they'll find another site.
    Last edited by Steeleco; 03-12-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Steeleco

I was in negotiations to sell to 'travis' but he was unwilling to pay me...

Gateholio

The new rules would make it harder for the three examples you posted...

but it has also made it harder for every honest person in the future.

I think if all the members stopped hiding behind fake names and used our real names and addresses the moderators could see more easily the frauds...

I do think it is good we are having this discussion.
    Last edited by guntech; 03-12-2019 at 09:36 PM.
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    You realize there's people that live beyond Hope, right? Makes it pretty tough if you live in the North or interior.
    If someone has a trader rating on another site post it up. Would you rather be out of pocket or have to wait a few weeks?

We Mods and in fact many members have zero means to tell a crook from an honest member, and I will admit it's at the new members expense. How else do we deal with shit like this?
    This guy(TRAVISS) is asking for photos of my gun for sale HE HAS A STOLEN ID

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    We could always just let members get fleeced and do nothing. Can't have it both ways. The last guy was here to do nothing else but rip people off, stolen ID fake name and the like. Which would you rather have? If a person opens an account to sell things and nothing more do we really want them here? This site ONCE was about sharing hunting stories, not a craigslist!!
    Well PUT ! If people don t like the way its run go else where like CGN - jmo RJ

I don’t think this is unreasonable.
    Personally I have always had great interactions with the people I’ve dealt with on this site.And I’ve learned lots and felt generally welcomed.
    The internet (well the world really) is full of folks who would sooner rip people off rather than treat one another decently,I think the HBC forums is a community aimed at the latter (fellow hunters and outdoorsmen with common ground and a spot to find eachother)and that is something worth cultivating and protecting.Thats why I joined these forums and not some of the others.
    My two cents anyway as a newer member (been here just over a year and a bit)
    Last edited by DoubleDeuce; 03-12-2019 at 10:29 PM.