Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New rule regarding buying and selling.

Re: New rule regarding buying and selling.

Always good to be truthful how a transaction actually went. Heads up is always good to stop another victim of a scammer!

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

I can understand the Moderators Frustration but I am afraid you punishing the good Guys because of a few Bad Apples. I also know this Site is a Business not a Democracy but perhaps we are allowed to make a few suggestions.

Myself I prefer how this is handled at CGN but again its always Buyer beware. Perhaps it is reasonable that new Members should have a certain amount of Posts before they are allowed to offer something for sale. This could also help making this site more interesting because even the Dullest Knucklehead Latte Sucking ...........well you get my drift, may has something to contribute we can learn from.

And finally the Internet made it easy for Scammers and it probably going to get worse therefore Buyer beware.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

I'm a new B, I got some stuff to sell but I shall wait my turn and Im pretty much always looking to buy (lefty stuff lol) I joined March 11 ish and the new post about the new rule was put in March 6, so I guess I missed my window by a few days. I have a new rifle and I'm looking for a good scope so I guess in the mean time Ill look in the forums for scope info. I have a vortex but I'm actually pretty unhappy with it considering all the rave reviews I heard before buying it.

Still new guys posting for sale items? Hroth is a newbie who joined May 16th with 1 post and a high end rifle for sale already, so much for new guy posting rules?
    Last edited by donny.brooke; 05-20-2019 at 08:09 PM.

DB, we have lives and believe it it or not WE HUNT TOO
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    Still new guys posting for sale items? Hroth is a newbie who joined May 16th with 1 post and a high end rifle for sale already, so much for new guy posting rules?
    If you see this happening, use the REPORT A POST ! triangle button so we can look at it.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

My last post was a general warning about a new guy posting a gun for sale. This isnt a moderator policing issue it's a new guy not following the rules issue, I bet some new guys have no idea there is posting rules. Being a honour system HBC is easy pickings for scammers and helping each other out by posting these things should be encouraged. My days of saying anything just came to an end.
    Last edited by donny.brooke; 05-21-2019 at 08:16 AM.

My days of saying anything just came to an end.
    We appreciate the help! Members just need to remember that we don't read all threads and are not always on here. The report a post is a great tool for making things happen quicker! Hell I get notices to my phone for those!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

My days of saying anything just came to an end.
    That's up to you, but for anyone else that sees something suspicious, please use the REPORT A POST feature. it's the best and most efficient way of letting multiple moderators know about something with just a click of a button.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I do some buy / sell / trade on public forms such as this and others.

What I have been doing is asking for a picture of the person holding their RPAL/PAL next to their head at eye level. At least on bigger ticket items.

At least I know who I am dealing with. I do the same in return.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @