Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New rule regarding buying and selling.

Re: New rule regarding buying and selling.

Quote Originally Posted by guntech View Post
    I think if all the members stopped hiding behind fake names and used our real names and addresses the moderators could see more easily the frauds...
    I’m happy to see rules for the for sale section modified. Another forum I’m a chapter president of made it so you could only use the classifieds after 50 posts. I’m not sure if that was something they could do in the settings of the forum software?

Guntech- Your name and address idea is a bit out there. I get the not being able to hide thing, but we probably don’t want to create a “go to list” for gun thieves and B&E guys.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Been a member for sometime, have sold a few firearms on here and am in good standing, am i allowed to sell a firearm i have ? Just checking before i make a post

Thanks

Yes sure......
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Reading through the sales rules and the comments, I (as a new guy) am not clear what exactly is/isn’t allowed... by my read:
    - if I want to buy something, I can buy now provided I complete the transaction in person, if I want to buy via email/EMT/shipping I need to wait for the three month mark.
    - if I want to sell something, I can list it now, but it has to be “in person transaction only”. If I want to sell by email/EMT/shipping I need to wait for the three month mark.

Can a mod please confirm if this is correct, or else clarify? I don’t want to waste my time or anyone else’s.

Related, if you are expecting new members to stick to in-person transactions for the first three months, it would be really useful if ads mentioned where the seller is located.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Reading through the sales rules and the comments, I (as a new guy) am not clear what exactly is/isn’t allowed... by my read:
    - if I want to buy something, I can buy now provided I complete the transaction in person, if I want to buy via email/EMT/shipping I need to wait for the three month mark.
    - if I want to sell something, I can list it now, but it has to be “in person transaction only”. If I want to sell by email/EMT/shipping I need to wait for the three month mark.

Can a mod please confirm if this is correct, or else clarify? I don’t want to waste my time or anyone else’s.

Related, if you are expecting new members to stick to in-person transactions for the first three months, it would be really useful if ads mentioned where the seller is located.
    In person deals cannot be controlled by anyone outside the persons involved. In short the rule was to protect members from scammers. Of late a few have been taken for not small sums of money. Scammers won't wait 3 months!
    I trust your a hunter, some won't even list the province they're in let alone their town of better yet "honey hole"
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Don't know what the problem is? When I try to reply to an ad in the exchange forum I get a message that I am not allowed to???
    Can you let me know why I can't?
    Thanks papaken

Quote Originally Posted by papaken View Post
    Don't know what the problem is? When I try to reply to an ad in the exchange forum I get a message that I am not allowed to???
    Can you let me know why I can't?
    Thanks papaken
    You can't reply to others buy and sell ads. Just have to use PM function to contact them

good on ya. keep up the good work.

As a victim of a scam I am all for this new rule.

Tom

I agree that the three month rule may help eliminate the amount of scammers.

I was previously on this forum years ago, but when I tried to log in again I had to re activate my account. This is the same username. I was asking users what grain the recommended for my .270 WSM.

Is it possible to have access to the used forum? I am currently looking for a pair of quality binos, but don't want to break the bank and am to pick up something where a user has upgraded.

Look forward to hearing back. I read through the comments and appreciate everyone's insight on previous bino topics.

I am happy to provide contact information to the appropriate adminstrative persons. I work for government and you can easily look me up.

Thanks
    Jameson