Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New rule regarding buying and selling.

Hybrid View

New rule regarding buying and selling.

From this day on ALL new members will NOT be allowed to buy or sell unless the following conditions have been met.

1. The deal is done in the flesh, hands on, cash in hand! You get the idea. Then the long standing member please pipe in and start a thread telling all that want to look, the deal was a good one and start a good rep with the NewB!!

2. Until the first day of the third full month of membership is passed you will not be allowed to do any "online" transactions. So if you join Jan 2nd you cannot do deals until, May 1st. For this We are going to need help from all members in good standing. If a person enters into a transaction with you and they are short of the above 2 requirements send the mods a message.

1st time will be considered an oops, second one will cause a membership decline of 1 newb!!

Steeleco

PS, remember that in the end ALL deals are BUYER beware, we mods can only do so much to protect you from yourselves !!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New rule regarding buying and selling.

Good policy, thank you.

Would it not be possible to block new members from even advertising gear until after the third month of membership.

This would probably eliminate 90% of the shady transactions.

Personally I do not think this would be unreasonable.

Well done Steeleco.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Not much of a 'buyer', and not at all a seller. But, no problem here with a rule like that.

The new rule doesn't affect present members... but it will be a pain in the ass hassle for honest new members... too bad you can't direct it more at the dishonest folk. It is so similar to gun laws...
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Nothing says welcome like the old boys club and a bunch of rules aimed specifically at new members!

Maybe revisiting the old "for sale rules" (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...-and-guidlines) ... rule # 2. Selling for a buddy isn't allowed. Get them to get an account!

Not really a viable option if the new rule - Until the first day of the third full month of membership is passed you will not be allowed to do any "online" transactions. So if you join Jan 2nd you cannot do deals until, May 1st. For this We are going to need help from all members in good standing. If a person enters into a transaction with you and they are short of the above 2 requirements send the mods a message.
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

We could always just let members get fleeced and do nothing. Can't have it both ways. The last guy was here to do nothing else but rip people off, stolen ID fake name and the like. Which would you rather have? If a person opens an account to sell things and nothing more do we really want them here? This site ONCE was about sharing hunting stories, not a craigslist!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    We could always just let members get fleeced and do nothing. Can't have it both ways. The last guy was here to do nothing else but rip people off, stolen ID fake name and the like. Which would you rather have? If a person opens an account to sell things and nothing more do we really want them here? This site ONCE was about sharing hunting stories, not a craigslist!!
    Well PUT ! If people don t like the way its run go else where like CGN - jmo RJ